EMERGENCY SYNC WATCH: Shadow In The Cloud (Tuesday 13 April, 8pm )

Are you on board?

• Total voters

cwej

User
I've not done a movie one of these before? Will there be a thread? I'm sure this is going to be APPPALLING considering that rating on IMDB and I'm going to be baffled as to why VOR is making us do this.

Ludolph

PLAYING DIRTY
I'm on dodgy public wi-fi so this won't download in time as I just started but will watch this at a later date as you've got me INTRIGUED!

SilVoR Bells

Take it or leave it
Without giving too much away, based on the comments I've seen beneath the YouTube trailer (AGAIN, DO NOT WATCH IT) I think a lot of the low marks on IMDB have come from DISGRUNTLED STRAIGHT MEN.

It actually has 77% on Rotten Tomatoes.

cwej

User
Without giving too much away, based on the comments I've seen beneath the YouTube trailer (AGAIN, DO NOT WATCH IT) I think a lot of the low marks on IMDB have come from DISGRUNTLED STRAIGHT MEN.

It actually has 77% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Oh God. Is it the Ghostbusters remake effect? I HATE STRAIGHT MEN.

cwej

User
So as @Suomi knows, I can only watch movies if I break them down into 10% chunks, so I will be giving an exclusive update on my live feelings every 8 minutes.

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
So as @Suomi knows, I can only watch movies if I break them down into 10% chunks, so I will be giving an exclusive update on my live feelings every 8 minutes.
Britney Spears What GIF

SilVoR Bells

Take it or leave it
Watch out for the random Stranger Things-esque synthwave soundtrack that distractingly runs through this movie, despite it being set in 1943. :D

It's kinda fab!

cwej

User
At 10%... Chapter 1: Dame On Board

So... interesting opening. Um... like... I wondered if I was even watching the right thing to start with.

(I thought she was doing a New Zealand accent to start with... :D But I think it is British now.)

It's quite... direct? And blatant?

cwej

User
At 20%... Chapter 2: The Crew

What the actual fuck with this dialogue?! Yes the men are trash, but it's just TERRIBLY written so far.

Those shots of the men as they were introduced :D Hilarious. Who thought that was a good idea... And 'Golliwog'... Jesus wept.

I hate to say it @VoR but it's not going too well for me yet... :D Terrible acting, terrible dialogue, terrible production and direction. Is this a 'So bad it's good?' situation?

cwej

User
At 30%... Chapter 3: Out There

LOLling at her outburst at them all. But I think I'd have switched her off by now too.

I don't have much else to say about this 3rd chapter - she sighted these things 8 minutes ago and then they argued about it on the comms for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom