- Nov 24, 2004
Or was that #110?
Same here.Also I only like one of the two original songs
I sadly knew in advance that I wasn't in for the Free Me II as that was clearly a fluke after Life In Mono turned out to only be half as good.
That said, this is SHIT, including for reasons of
1. Robert Williams
2. Including her squawking brats
3. Jade Jones having forgotten how to sing
4. One of my all time faves "Here Comes The Sun" being ruined by #2 & #3
5. "I Only Want To Be With You" delivered with all the gusto of a cheery singsong in an Ebola ward
6. The original songs are either OK or crap ("Too Many Teardrops" just about comes out unscathed)
7. Josh Kumra (who dat) wailing over "Come Away With Me" (Norah must be in desperate need of some quick cash to allow this)
8. "Emotion" (which even Destiny's Child could destroy) proves the only way to cover the Bee Gees is to do an impersonation of him
8b. Unless it's "Immortality"
Surprisingly, "Don't Call Me Baby" comes out of things surprisingly well and is the only thing that sounds like an ounce of imagination went into it.
1.3 scented candles/5
I do worry that Babs might suffer from the lack of a downloadable candle or other souvenir titbits when it comes to those all important sales. She could at least have dipped in her own purse to treat her tens of fans to a bunton badge OH HOW WE LAUGHED!