Emma Bunton - My Happy Place (4th Studio Album)

I think it was actually Emma with Free Me.

#toomuchtimeonmyhands

#wikiismyfriend

I must get around to giving this its single cursory listen.

There are some horrors lurking the tracklisting though, with some songs I hate at the best of times plus some abhorrent collaborators.

Also I only like one of the two original songs :(
Same here.

I sadly knew in advance that I wasn't in for the Free Me II as that was clearly a fluke after Life In Mono turned out to only be half as good.

That said, this is SHIT, including for reasons of

1. Robert Williams
2. Including her squawking brats :zombie:
3. Jade Jones having forgotten how to sing
4. One of my all time faves "Here Comes The Sun" being ruined by #2 & #3
5. "I Only Want To Be With You" delivered with all the gusto of a cheery singsong in an Ebola ward
6. The original songs are either OK or crap ("Too Many Teardrops" just about comes out unscathed)
7. Josh Kumra (who dat) wailing over "Come Away With Me" (Norah must be in desperate need of some quick cash to allow this)
8. "Emotion" (which even Destiny's Child could destroy) proves the only way to cover the Bee Gees is to do an impersonation of him
8b. Unless it's "Immortality"

Surprisingly, "Don't Call Me Baby" comes out of things surprisingly well and is the only thing that sounds like an ounce of imagination went into it.

1.3 scented candles/5

I have to agree (and I love Life In Mono, albeit it lacked the highs of Free Me).

I quite like the two new ones, the one with Jade is passable and the Madison Avenue one is at least somewhat different.

The rest is so fucking dull.

Sorry but the one with Jade is absolutely not passable :D

Same here.

I sadly knew in advance that I wasn't in for the Free Me II as that was clearly a fluke after Life In Mono turned out to only be half as good.

That said, this is SHIT, including for reasons of

1. Robert Williams
2. Including her squawking brats :zombie:
3. Jade Jones having forgotten how to sing
4. One of my all time faves "Here Comes The Sun" being ruined by #2 & #3
5. "I Only Want To Be With You" delivered with all the gusto of a cheery singsong in an Ebola ward
6. The original songs are either OK or crap ("Too Many Teardrops" just about comes out unscathed)
7. Josh Kumra (who dat) wailing over "Come Away With Me" (Norah must be in desperate need of some quick cash to allow this)
8. "Emotion" (which even Destiny's Child could destroy) proves the only way to cover the Bee Gees is to do an impersonation of him
8b. Unless it's "Immortality"

Surprisingly, "Don't Call Me Baby" comes out of things surprisingly well and is the only thing that sounds like an ounce of imagination went into it.

1.3 scented candles/5

Goodness me, how bitter :disco:

I see that @Christian has the painters and decorators in again :tongueout:

Well, either that or those pesky anal warts have resumed their mission of terror :disco:

I’d hardly call someone with sixteen Top 10 hits in leading global market Colombia a NON-ENTITY! @Suedey, pin her down and I’ll fetch the soap to wash her foul mouth out

Anyway, back on track please girls: very big day for Babs Bumton. I know I’ve got MY fingers crossed! :disco:

I do worry that Babs might suffer from the lack of a downloadable candle or other souvenir titbits when it comes to those all important sales. She could at least have dipped in her own purse to treat her tens of fans to a bunton badge OH HOW WE LAUGHED!

I do worry that Babs might suffer from the lack of a downloadable candle or other souvenir titbits when it comes to those all important sales. She could at least have dipped in her own purse to treat her tens of fans to a bunton badge OH HOW WE LAUGHED!

She should have done a limited edition where you actually get a good album if you buy it

One of the LOONS was on Twitter yesterday crowing about her being the first Spice Girl to score three top ten albums.

Almost tempted to try and look them out to see if the BREAKDOWN has ensued.

Oh well

There’s always next week :side-eye:

Reactions: Zu
i hope they force the rest of them now to record something together OUT OF SPITE, cunty cows

I'm calling it now - this won't be in the 100 next week.

#88 in the midweeks. I doubt very much she will hold on, would find some sort of perverted pleasure seeing it drop to #98.

:D Poor love must be wondering whether it was worth the bother :(

Never mind, there’s always the $$$-spinning Nourkrin deal to look forward to. And is the CUNTY COWS’ tour still going ahead?

Worth the bother?! :D

It’s hardly like she went to much effort

Just can’t believe the cruelty TBH. That was TWO AND A HALF DAYS OF HER LIFE! :oi:

She used a wash in pink tint for the album cover!

I'm sure Bunto's more than satisfied with the sales. She couldn't have been expecting much more.

It is of course Geru would be running for the hills with these kinds of numbers. She'd have Bluebell setting up fake iTunes accounts to boost the numbers using Daddy Christian's Black Amex before descending into Norma Desmond style madness.

To be honest it actually did slightly more than I expected first week. Second week fall obviously is horrendous, but slightly more than Claire Richards and about double Martine seems about right to open with?

Poor Babs Bumton appears to have dropped out of the Hot 100 entirely but - VOLTE FACE ALERT - I’d rather have HER in it than what’s languishing in the lower reaches. I give you Queen’s ‘A Night At The Opera’, Adele’s ‘25’ and the STONE ROSES :zombie:

Presumably it’s based on CHARITY SHOP SALES

Not to mention CARE HOME

Is Adele back because of her break up or has she been there the whole time?

God the album chart really is horrific. I see that Showaddywaddy are in at 15 (:disco:) and I have no idea who Jade Bird is, but nobody with that awful name deserves my attention

I can't believe there even are 23 people or how many it takes to get into the HOT TOP 20 these days who still want to listen to SHOWADDYWADDY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom