Enya - featured artist...

disneyteletubby

🕊🎼🎶🔮
As most probably know, Enya is sometimes credited/sampled/featured somehow on tracks by others.

The most recent sample/interpolation of Boadicea for this Creepin' song is okay; the production by Metro Boomin is good, but the following would be strange if true.. 🤔

(Though that would probably just be for America; Orinoco Flow was at #1 in the UK for 3 weeks!) :disco:⛵🌊🎶

Never Get Old - Sinéad O'Connor (1966-2023) featuring Enya (spoken Irish from the Bible, Psalm 91:11-13)
Óir thug sé ordú da aingil i do thaobh:
Tú a chosaint i do shlite go léir:
Lompróidh siad thú lena lámha sula mbuailfí
Do chos in aghaidh chloiche.
Satlóidh tú ar an leon is ar an nathair:

Gheobhaidh tú de chosa sa leon óg is a dragan.
English version of what Eithne says:
"God commanded His angels concerning you
To guard you in all your ways.
They will lift you up in their arms
To keep you from striking your foot against a stone.
You will tread upon the lion and the cobra

You will trample the great lion and the serpent."
🤍🕊

It's still hard to believe OF didn't hit #1 on this side of the pond. My recollection is that it was fairly ubiquitous. Anyway, #2 ain't shabby. :thumbsup:

A 'new' rare recording :disco: 🖼️🎵
Jargon, Charlie McGettigan and Eithne Ní Bhraonáin - Bailieboro and Me (1982)

🤗
His songwriting's really nice 😊 (including the song Dreams sung by Enya 💗)
I think Enya's singing some backing vocals here, as well as the slightly jazzy, free-flowing piano part. 🎹🌟🎼

They still have articles on how Enya was not letting Metro Boomin' go ahead with sampling without an approved title :D

This very recently https://bnnbreaking.com/world/us/me...ops-charts-despite-sampling-hurdles-with-enya
'Enya was hesitant to approve the use of her work, leading to a suspenseful negotiation phase. Eventually, a compromise was reached, allowing the song to proceed to release, with 'Creepin'' being chosen from a list of Enya-approved titles'
Some earlier article https://exclaim.ca/music/article/me...s_hit_collab_creepin_almost_got_the_red_light which explains Enya-approved titles:
'Enya didn't want it to be released under his initial working title, "IDWK."
So, he had her send him a list of names that she was okay with, including "Undecided," "Creepin'," "Don't Come Back to Me," "Better Off That Way" and "Wanna Let You Know."

Metro said the back-and-forth was actually a blessing in disguise.'
:enya:

Last edited:
I found two live versions (some suggested Clannad songs on Spotify) and this one has Enya singing live, around 1:03 💓 🎶

The Dulaman upload on YouTube can be 'clipped', but not Mhórag's Na Horo Gheallaidh (in Scottish Gaelic) where Enya sings particularly magically 🤩 in this recording.

Maybe it was the cough (audience or Moya) at the end. :eyes:

Has she got any side-splitting remixes that would be ripe for the 1001 bangers thread?
Plenty! :disco: Might depend on taste/level of intensity, and whether it's mixed with another artist's vocals, or solely Enya's. I know you liked this one :grin:
This is another one of those DJ disc releases also 1991

These are kind of 'classics' Enya-fan-remix-wise haha :D

Other newer (since 2020) fairly creative Enya remixes:

Instrumental, but quite cool, videogame-type

💙

😊

Plenty! :disco: Might depend on taste/level of intensity, and whether it's mixed with another artist's vocals, or solely Enya's. I know you liked this one :grin:
This is another one of those DJ disc releases also 1991

These are kind of 'classics' Enya-fan-remix-wise haha :D

Other newer (since 2020) fairly creative Enya remixes:

Instrumental, but quite cool, videogame-type

💙

😊

Oh my god, hold on, I have one I already love and can't believe I didn't @ you it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom