Erotica vs. That's The Way Love Goes

I'd like to put you in a trance. My love is blind, can't you see my desire?

• Total voters

Jark

User
have we done this before? I don't know. not to pit iconic women against each other etc. but these songs are so very clearly ripe for comparison.

both hits, although Erotica made #3 and sold gold whereas TTWLG was a Hot 100 #1 and sold platinum, and Jan's stock was obviously much higher at the time.

who did it best?

I prefer "That's the Way Love Goes". But I don't think it is an entirely fair comparison since "Erotica" seems to be going for something entirely different and is much colder/clinical than TTWLG.

don't try and start your shady shit with 90s Jan or there will be trouble. :rolleyes:

[Gaga on Madonna circa 'Perfect Illusion']. 'Erotica' and 'That's The Way Love Goes' are very different. I wouldn't make that comparison at all. [/Gaga on Madonna circa 'Perfect Illusion']

That's The Way Love Goes > Erotica

But thats comparing one of Janet's best songs to a good Madonna song that isn't one of her best

Really like both but just had to go for those dirtier, grimier beats and loops from Erotica.

Janet's nimble rnb thrush is devoured by whatever drugs Erotica is on. And it's still on the 10 (Erotica is in the clinic of course, legs spread and laughing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom