Estonia 2022: Stefan - Hope

Probably has been mentioned already but we are getting some of the first songs of next year's National Final season early, courteousy of Estonia. :o

Quoting Eurovoix:

"Tomi Rahula, Producer of Eesti Laul has revealed that quarterfinals are being introduced for the Estonian selection for Eurovision 2022.

Up to forty songs will be competing to represent Estonia in the Eurovision Song Contest, with Tomi Rahula revealing changes to the format of Eesti Laul. Speaking this evening on ETV, he explained that there will be four additional shows with ten songs in each show.

From each of the quarterfinals, five songs will be selected to qualify for the semifinals. In the semi-finals, ten songs will compete, with five songs qualifying for the Grand Final from each show.

ERR stated that the change in the format is to give the public the chance to hear more songs that would have otherwise been left out of the selection. (I think I really smell a money grab :D)"

The first quarter-final will be 20 November 2021. While it is known the semi-finals and Final will be live, the quarter-finals will have the songs will be presented as music videos with voting taking place after they have been presented.

Anyway it's known (but no names attached at the moment) that seven former Estonian entrants have submitted songs, with rumours that at least two having made the shortlist.

Apparently Sahlene has hinted she may be in the running (with a song penned by an Estonian, since the songwriting team just has to be 50% Estonian born according to the National Final rules).

Back to Sahlene, she made an Insta-story where she was planning something special to mark the 20th anniversary of "Runaway". I think that's been taken as a message as fans she's going to have another go at representing Estonia at Eurovision. :disco:

More likely, probably some "remastering" and second-rate remix. :D

Wot, no Laura GIF yet?
383045B9-87A6-473C-A7CD-F27281BF9B05.gif

Sahlene AND Gerli Padar please :disco:

Poor Sahlene. I'm surprised it's taken her twenty years to have another crack for Estonia considering Sweden clearly yet inexplicably HATES HER.
Fair play to her for not just giving up after resorting to doing backing vocals for your ex, Michael Rice.

Poor Sahlene. I'm surprised it's taken her twenty years to have another crack for Estonia considering Sweden clearly yet inexplicably HATES HER.
She applied for the 2019 Estonian National Final too but they passed on her song. :(

• Sad
Reactions: VoR
Sahlene Insta update: either she's booked some random photoshoot or she's in the process of getting her promo photos and music video shot for Eesti Laul done. :disco:

Quarter-Final 1 Line-up:
• Boamadu “Mitte kauaks” (Peeter Priks, Keith Mutvei)
• Evelin Samuel, “Waterfall” (Glen Pilvre, Priit Pajusaar, Katrin Pärn)
• Fiona and Me “Feel Like This” (Fiona and Me)
• Jaagup Tuisk “Kui vaid” (Jaagup Tuisk, Rita Bavanati, Lauri Räpp)
• Kéa “Everytime” (Andrei Zevakin, Ketter Orav)
• Little Mess “Hea päev” (Timo Vendt, Tanja Mihhailova-Saar, Andra Teede)
• Maian “Meeletu” (Maian Lomp, Gevin Niglas)
• Peter Põder “Koos lõpuni” (Peter Põder, Raul Krebs)
• Stig “Interstellar” (Stig Rästa, Victor Crone, Herman Gardarfve, David Lingren Zacharias, Fred Krieger)
• Traffic “Kaua veel” (Karl Killing, Andreas Poom, Fred Krieger, Silver Laas, Vallo Kikas)

No Sahlene! :( But Evelin Samuel! :disco: and Stig again :D

There's now rumours John Lundvik may be the other Swede (an early press report stated two foreigners competing in the National Final, Sahlene must be the first) as he commented on her post. :eyes::D

God I used to love Evelin Samuel. Her album under the Alternature project was and still is amazing. I hope the song doesn't sound as dated as Sandra Nurmsalu's was with Priit Pajusaar.

Last bit of rumour mill. :D

Ott Lepland (Estonia 2012) apparently back with a ballad.

Ariadne (2017 NF) with a similar entry to "Feel Me Now"

Elina Nechayeva (Estonia 2018) back with a pop song (:o)

Stig's track is pretty good as it goes. Destined for midtable at best if it got the nod though.

Where can we go watch this??
The third quarterfinal takes place on Saturday at 19:35 GMT. Hosted by Eesti Laul 2012 winner Ott Lepland and ASFMopsyfestivalen flop Laura Põldvere. You can watch it live here IF international audience is allowed to view.

Full list for Saturday:

Alabama Watchdog "Move On" (Ken Einberg, Taaniel Pogga, Sven Seinpere)
Anna Sahlene "Champion" (Anna Sahlene, Nicklas Eklund, Dagmar Oja, Kaire Vilgats)
DeLulu "Music Saved My Soul" (Taavi Paomets, Mairo Marjamaa, Inga Tislar)
Elina Nechayeva "Remedy" (Sven Lõhmus, Elina Nechayeva)
Goodreason "Three Days Ago" (Hele-Mai Mängel)
Lauri Pihlap "Take Me Home" (Lauri Pihlap)
Levvis "Let's Talk About" (Aleksei Baruzdin)
Merilin Mälk "Little Girl" (Karl-Ander Reismann)
Shira "Under Water" (Marika Rodionova, Kristi Raias, Johannes Laas)
Stefan "Hope" (Stefan Airapetjan, Karl-Ander Reismann)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom