Ethel Cain - Preacher's Daughter (debut album) + American Teenager

Jark

User
do we have any fans?

she's a 24 year old who got quite a considerable amount of acclaim for her debut album Preacher's Daughter on year-end lists in '22. she grew up in a Southern Baptist family, came out as gay at 12 and trans at 20, and has a voice and ear for melody as unusual as her story.

I heard American Teenager a couple of weeks back and thought it was pretty instantly great. I want to try more with the album but a lot of the songs are like 7 minutes long which feels... punishing. A House in Nebraska is absolutely stunning though.

her biggest song pre-debut album era:

American Teenager is one of my favorite songs of last year, but I haven't listened to the album

THANK GOD my parents aren't evangelical Christians. They are such a detriment to the US

I've been looking for this but it appears to be streaming only for some reason. She has a Bandcamp page but this isn't on it.

It’s a great album. Thoroughfare is a stunner :disco:

And you said "Hey, do you wanna see the west with me?
Cause love's out there and I can’t leave it be"
And I said "Honey, love's never meant much to me
But I'll come with you if you're sure it's what you need"

I’m absolutely obsessed with Sun Bleached Flies at the minute. She’s fantastic.

I love Crush. I thought I read that the pop star she presents as is trans, but that she is not? She's fab and I discovered her via an antique shopping youtube clip.

This has had me in a chokehold for weeks now. One of my favourite albums of the decade, period.

The storytelling, the visceral emotion, the INTENSITY. It really is a rare 5 stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom