Euro 2020

I know the English fans will be disappointed but it’s a bit disrespectful for nearly ALL of them to leave before the trophy is awarded.
True. But let’s not forget that Wembley Park tube station will be like something out of Mad Max, with fewer supermodels.

Reactions: D5K
I know the English fans will be disappointed but it’s a bit disrespectful for nearly ALL of them to leave before the trophy is awarded. Only the Italians remain.
Sometimes to make all of one side leave before the others so they can't riot, right?

Like with Inter vs AC. I think.

There was this massive prick in the pub who was just obsessed with being the centre of attention. SAD.

My work WhatsApp group was going a bit mad earlier. I did gloat a bit but also had to remind them that our lovely Italian colleague and friend was also included in the group.

True. But let’s not forget that Wembley Park tube station will be like something out of Mad Max, with fewer supermodels.

Yeah if you don't leave immediately you are waiting for about 2 hours.

I know this not from football. But from Spice Girls gigs.

What's this business of taking the silver medals off their necks the SECOND they are bestowed upon them? Is it a FOOTBALL TRADITION that I've MISSED or just SORE LOSERS? The optics are TERRIBLE.

It is still VERY loud out there. Helicopters, the odd siren, train whistles... etc.

I literally said to Mr Kate earlier as I was putting my face on, losing on penalties would be SO ENGLISH. Well there we go. If only I’d put money on it.

What's this business of taking the silver medals off their necks the SECOND they are bestowed upon them? Is it a FOOTBALL TRADITION that I've MISSED or just SORE LOSERS? The optics are TERRIBLE.

Yes that's kind of what I was thinking between THAT and the EMPTY stadium at the end.

For all the talk of Euro 2020 helping any future England bid to host the Euros or World Cup, it didn't exactly shine a great light. Especially with the booing etc. in previous games.

Who else did it? Hungary? :eyes:
Most of them. The Italian fans in Wembley booed the Spanish and Austrian anthems. The Turkish fans booed the Welsh anthem against Azerbaijan. That’s just the ones I noticed.

Sorry, two examples doesn't make "most of them". I watched all Spanish matches and didn't hear any booing when the anthem played, it certainly wasn't on the deafening levels of English fans, admittedly because England were playing at home all matches bar one but still.

I'm not suggesting England supporters are the only rotten apples in the competition, but pretending they're not ONE OF THE WORST ONES is disingenuous.

Ohhh I just saw the result… a very English ending!

just hope that after being raised up to hero status until today, the people who missed don’t get death threats (they’ve already got them probably)

I agree with Swirly that penalties are a horrid way to decide things, taking a team game and reducing it to particular players to blame.

just be happy it was even possible to come second, british Eurovision fans never have that kind of excitement :D

Sorry, two examples doesn't make "most of them". I watched all Spanish matches and didn't hear any booing when the anthem played, it certainly wasn't on the deafening levels of English fans, admittedly because England were playing at home all matches bar one but still.

I'm not suggesting England supporters are the only rotten apples in the competition, but pretending they're not ONE OF THE WORST ONES is disingenuous.
Sorry, but that’s just bullshit. Spanish fans booed the Irish anthem in 2010 and the Polish and English anthems in 2018.

I’ve just checked on YouTube and the Spanish fans audibly booed both the Swedish and Slovakian anthems in this tournament. Which you watched and heard nothing.

And whatever, I really don't care enough about football to try and have an argument. I don't even want to kick a team when they're down. I quite liked the England team, I think they're likeable and play as a team which is nice to see, there doesn't seem to be many egos unlike in the past. I just can't stand the thuggery of many England supporters which HAS been ALIVE AND KICKING IN THIS TOURNAMENT, even beyond the booing. The combination of ALCOHOL and TOXIC MASCULINITY is awful and it shouldn't be excused with BUT THE ITALIANS ARE ALSO BAD.

I’ve just checked on YouTube and the Spanish fans audibly booed both the Swedish and Slovakian anthems in this tournament. Which you watched and heard nothing.
Sure mate, everyone does it, but only England got fined because EUROPEANS HATE US BLAH BLAH BLAH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom