Euro 2020

And whatever, I really don't care enough about football to try and have an argument. I don't even want to kick a team when they're down. I quite liked the England team, I think they're likeable and play as a team which is nice to see, there doesn't seem to be many egos unlike in the past. I just can't stand the thuggery of many England supporters which HAS been ALIVE AND KICKING IN THIS TOURNAMENT, even beyond the booing. The combination of ALCOHOL and TOXIC MASCULINITY is awful and it shouldn't be excused with BUT THE ITALIANS ARE ALSO BAD.
Convenient that you don’t care enough to have an argument immediately after your point, to the extent that you appear to have one, has been destroyed. The English fans have behaved badly and they deserve to be called out on that and the individual fans banned where they have done so. Pretending that this isn’t a widespread problem amongst many countries is not a reasonable response.

You'd think after what happened in Manchester a few years ago that there would be a ring of steel around Wembley. Evidently not. I reckon some firings are taking place today.

Gutted for you. Penalties are a pile of shit.

Says a lot that my Twitter feed this morning is full of people condemning racism and domestic abuse helplines. :(

What the fuck is wrong with people part 15997b

E6DUnPXXMAAiwJb

Last edited:
A couple of Tory MPs are now rowing back on comments they made last night about Rashford needing to spend more time on his football and less on politics. I saw Darren Grimes pushing that line too. :zombie:

A couple of Tory MPs are now rowing back on comments they made last night about Rashford needing to spend more time on his football and less on politics. I saw Darren Grimes pushing that line too. :zombie:
HMMMM well MAYBE if they’d bother to feed hungry kids he wouldn’t have to play politics.

Surely Rashford has been way more successful politically than as an England player.

No comment on the England team (I didn't follow the tournament) but English people came out of this looking like... trash. It was the unofficial Festival of Brexit. *clutches Irish passport*

You know Meghan was all up in California with her English voodoo doll placed on a sacrificial altar of cannelloni and buffala

I so hope this squad can inspire the otherwise disenfranchised youth to be politically active. And so pleased to be saying something I never imagined I ever would.

Stephen Barclay on BBC Breakfast refusing to acknowledge the issue that Tyrone Mings has raised regarding Patel's comments and repeating 'the government is legislating' over and over like an automaton.

Is there a possibility for real societal growth from all this? Fuck knows the UK (or more specifically England) doesn't have a good track record of learning from winning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom