Eurovision 2019 Betting Odds

VoR

Take it or leave it
Probably worth a thread before rehearsals kick off next week.

The favourites by best available odds on Oddschecker.tv

15/8 The Netherlands
5/1 Russia
11/1 Italy
11/1 Switzerland
12/1 Sweden
14/1 Iceland
18/1 Cyprus
25/1 Malta
28/1 Greece
40/1 Norway

----

150/1 United Kingdom

The Dutch are miles ahead right now. I expect Iceland to run it a lot closer if they get through the semis, they seem like the potential 'story' of the year a'la Conchita, Netta etc. In my mind those are the two to beat.

Russia I could more easily see missing the top 5 at this point. It just isn't a very good song and I'm not sure staging alone will be able to elevate it sufficiently.

Switzerland could win on consensus if it's really presented professionally, which I expect it will be, but it'd be quite a faceless winner in a year with many more interesting options. The potential cost of two weeks in Geneva or Zurich next year is already giving me chills. Not that Reykjavik would be much cheaper, if at all... but that's a place I've wanted to visit forever.

Italy I'm not sure will be instant enough but it's definitely going to do very well, and deservedly so.

Sweden feel more comfortable top 5, but again it could happen if they come closest to uniting both the televote and the jury.

United Kingdom currently less likely to win than North Macedonia :D

I’d love a Sweden/Netherlands top two

I can definitely see both being big hits with the juries, more so than Russia which as you said just isn’t a very well structured song

Also I really like our song :D

It's the favourite everywhere but the Dutch song still hasn't clicked for me; I can't quite see what would make the public pick up their phones and vote for it.

No one I've shown the Dutch song to has been remotely interested in it.

I think Sweden will win.

Looking at that list and listening to the songs I really wouldn’t count out Azerbaijan as well

Where are they in the odds

Is there an equivalent of an each way bet for placing in the top 3 or 5 of anything? If Azerbaijan are longer than 40/1 I might consider a punt on them.

Is there an equivalent of an each way bet for placing in the top 3 or 5 of anything? If Azerbaijan are longer than 40/1 I might consider a punt on them.
Betfair definitely has this. However odds are always really short, for Azerbaijan in the top 5 it's about 6/1.

6/1 is reasonable for a top 5 placing I'd say. Hmmm...

Oh I think that’s definitely worth a punt

Sky bet are doing a top 10 finish

13/8 for Azerbaijan :o

* bets house and is homeless by end of May *

What odds do you get for The Netherlands getting a top 10 finish? :D

I'm amazed it's as generous as that given less than 2/1 to win.

I'm amazed it's as generous as that given less than 2/1 to win.

The shortest odds are for Netherlands to qualify for the finals - 1/100. A 10p return per £10.

14/1 for them not to qualify, if anyone feels like betting the farm on a huge shocker. (I wouldn't recommend it...)

I still can't fathom why Netherlands is SUCH the favourite - it's a decent song but I don't think it's really all THAT. At the Eurovision Club night I run, with about 70 voters, it came 8th. It's a big fan favourite and will do well with juries, but it's not really anything special.

Having said that, I really have NO IDEA who else could win.

Reactions: D5K
Astonished that Azerbaijan aren't in the top 10 for Bookies Odds. He is such a good performer and the song is excellent.

I think Azerbaijan will land about 15th to be honest. It's a radio song.

I’d be really surprised if it wasn’t in the top 10 (based purely on the songs). Of course there are many factors that could change this but as an early bet I think it’s a pretty good shout.

Astonished that Azerbaijan aren't in the top 10 for Bookies Odds. He is such a good performer and the song is excellent.

The song is totally average. Speaking as someone who isn't sexually interested in men, i'm convinced most of the hype comes from how attractive he is.

Reactions: VoR
I still can't fathom why Netherlands is SUCH the favourite - it's a decent song but I don't think it's really all THAT. At the Eurovision Club night I run, with about 70 voters, it came 8th. It's a big fan favourite and will do well with juries, but it's not really anything special.

Having said that, I really have NO IDEA who else could win.

With all due respect but do you think a Eurovision Club Night with 70 people run a month ahead of the finals is the sample you'd want to base this on? :D

It's easily the "common denominator track" between public and jury of this year, Sweden is probably in second but it's not even that close. But hey, it could fall flat completely on stage although he seems fairly reliable vocally, even though obviously more comfortable with the piano version.

If we're using nights out as an indicator of results, I went to a semi 1 preview a couple of weeks ago that was won by Serhat. Let's start booking up the three hotels in San Marino for May 2020! :disco:

Well I'm obviously biased but I really can't see anything else than Arcade win this. I'm expecting a Euphoria-like walkover. I just don't understand how anyone can be really surprised it is the favourite at the moment.

Well I'm obviously biased but I really can't see anything else than Arcade win this. I'm expecting a Euphoria-like walkover. I just don't understand how anyone can be really surprised it is the favourite at the moment.

I find it really boring.

Its just not all that hun.

The 18th will be one of the best or one of the worst nights ever. Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom