Eurovision 2019: The Entries

Norway

Last edited by a moderator:
Moldova

The Netherlands 6th is still kind of bizarre to me. Who would have thought 6 years ago. We’ve come a long way.

At last one of my favorite entries win there nationale final. KEiiNO Spirit in the Sky. Still my absolute fav didn't win there nationale final and i'm sure would have had a great shot at winning the whole thing. 2000 and Whatever from Electric Fields, what is that a great song compared to the cheap version of Estonia 2018 that won the Australian final.

Last night was a definite step in the right direction but most of the internals revealed this week are going to be good (and a couple of killer tracks amongst them would be nice) - the filler quota has definitely almost been reached at this point.

So much shit this year. So much. Worst year for a very long time.

Russia

Unless Armenia randomly BRING IT (which lets face it, their hit rate ain't what it used to be) I'm going to say the Ukraine would have been the hot favourite by now had they not quit. MARUV would have stood out SO MUCH in a sea of male soloists.

I don't think this year is terrible, as the good stuff is really good - but it certainly could do with some uptempo female vocal bangers.

With all the male soloists there's deffo gonna be a few shock casualties, of which I'm tentatively going to say Belgium and Azerbeijan.

I think we’re definitely off to Scandinavia next year. Russia isn’t really much of anything, and I can’t get my head around the Netherlands love.

I feel any chance the UK had of doing anything above top 20 may well have just been ruined by Sweden.

I don’t know, quality-wise we’re among the best of the year I’d say. There are a good few songs better than ours, but there is a LOT of shit and blandness knocking around.

I thought that too but our entry is so fragile in that it only takes something 30% similar and superior to arrive to take away our vote entirely. Plus the entries have been a lot better in recent days...

Mind you, never underestimate the power of a warbling chubby boy on the masses in a sea of hairy Azerbaijanis and slick Swiss types.

Not a vintage year but it hasn’t turned out too badly overall.

Decent revamps could save Lithuania and Moldova so that would be another two in the good column.

Not a vintage year but it hasn’t turned out too badly overall.

Decent revamps could save Lithuania and Moldova so that would be another two in the good column.
So the songs all have to be announced by now, but they can still be revamped? That’s good, still some hope left for a couple of the ones I like then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom