Eurovision 2021: Confirmed Entries (39/39)

Might be worth bringing the dates we know of over to the first post in here as well.

I know we’re getting Denmark, Estonia, Italy and Portugal tonight, San Marino and Russia on Monday...

What's the submission deadline? Monday 15th?

Is this the first time that a Portuguese Eurovision entry has ever been associated with the word 'thrilling'?

Okay so I’ve updated the schedule thread as well as popped it in a spoiler within the first post. I’ve just realised we’re getting HALF of the songs within a WEEK! :D

I suppose some countries may publicly release their songs after the deadline (where I think David is right about it being the 15th), I’m kind of hoping a couple decide to :D

This really is turning out to be the strongest year in a while. Tonight doesn’t look like it’ll give us anything EARTH SHATTERING but looking at the favourites in the national finals we should get at least a couple of decent songs to add to the line up. Denmark will probably send Fyr & Flamme considering its 100% televote, Uku looks like he’ll be going for Estonia again with a better song (albeit still quite bland), any of the Italian front runners would be a decent entry and even Portugal has a few nice songs by their standards.

And even THEN we’re still waiting on Russia, Azerbaijan, Malta, Sweden, Bulgaria, Iceland etc to throw their entries into the mix!

What are Belarus and Poland up to???
Belarus we’re having a national final but then they weren’t. One of the supposed contenders was spotted at the Phillip Kirkorov Festival in Moscow on Thursday night (it started at 9pm Moscow time) and her song was this so it’s probably her. It reeks of cultural appropriation though.

FUCK KNOWS about Poland!

I mean if you ignore how incredibly culturally insensitive it is, it REALLY POPS!

Any word from MALTA or AZERBAIJAN?!??
No but they should be out by the end of the week! Azerbaijan is PROBABLY going to be something uptempo and ethnic, whilst I think Malta are working with the same team as last year so will struggle to go wrong.

Malta’s song last year was nice but NOT QUITE GOOD ENOUGH

I am ready and willing to stan a better gospel moment

I have Slovenia in my top 5 for god’s sakes :)

I liked Destiny in a FUN FOR MUMS kind of way, but it didn’t quite make it into WIG SNATCHING territory.

Reactions: dUb
I was looking for the Malta 2021 thread earlier and we don't even have one! They do know it's crunch time right?

They tend to drop their entry last minute don’t they? Either way I’m hoping our Destiny will be SERVING UP THE GOODS :disco:

I hear they’ve prepared two entries with music videos and are scoping out the competition before deciding which to submit. :eyes:

Not a bad idea tbf (provided both are equally as good).

Well I thought DESTINY was a fave last year so I presumed that was the reason

Switzerland currently 1st though :disco:

The Giraffe & The Tart AGOG

So we're down to the final five... (Six if you expect a second song from Belarus)

Today: Iceland, Sweden
Monday: Malta
TBC: Azerbaijan, Georgia, Belarus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom