Eurovision 2021 HANGOVER thread and HOT STATS

It's so horrible. It did exactly what was required of it and got pushed out by the system. I bet they won't look at tweaking it in future but that's just, kind of gross.

Yeah I'm clearly a huge advocate (SEE AVATAR) but I must agree with Soldi on this one. 10th and 10th out of 17 is hardly GLOWING anyway. :D

Do we want to open the discussion about her being robbed? Yes we do, and yes she WAS :evil:

The Romanian girl fucked up her jury performance so she should’ve gone through too :evil:

James Newman LIT UP THE ROOM so they should’ve let him WIN!!!

The Romanian girl fucked up her jury performance so she should’ve gone through too :evil:

James Newman LIT UP THE ROOM so they should’ve let him WIN!!!
The latter is probably a post by ButterTart..

I mean, they SHOULDN’T have gone through. The delegations are aware that these instances can occur and she still wasn’t top ten on the combined vote so TOUGH TITS.

Well it didn’t, or it would have qualified.

Oh you know what I mean, I'm just saying that's a REALLY ROUGH RIDE. It doesn't sit well with me even if we knew one day the system would throw it up. Surprised its not happened before.

I am of course not suggesting she qualify in place of someone else, but it does feel like one of those "oh just let her through as a bonus extra" moment. Unbelievably tragic. I hope she tries again

The thing is unless you changed the scoring rules in the final, you're guaranteeing that a lower-scoring song will make it to the final. Which has absolutely never happened in Eurovision qualification history at all.

One day we’re gonna have someone win the televote and then come last in the jury vote and not qualify, and I can’t wait
Yeah I've wondered about that and had thought that if an act is top 5 in either the jury or televote then they should automatically qualify. Don't think that would affect any qualifiers so far in history but it could happen.

After Pastora Soler being top 5 with the juries and 18th in the televote, I believe is possible and it will happen sooner or later.

Verona was 6th in the public vote, I wonder if that’s the closest

This could happen with some dreadful Kirkorov entry buying the televote of half Europe, but as if he isn't buying the juries as well. I just want a massive scandal and the UER having to do something for once (they won't).

I can see one of the Nobody But You/Proud sort of songs topping the juries (as both did) but getting an accidental zero/last place on the televote. In fact if there’s any country I can see it happening to.. :eyes:

The biggest jury/televote disparity to date is Dance You Off, isn’t it?

Yeah I've wondered about that and had thought that if an act is top 5 in either the jury or televote then they should automatically qualify. Don't think that would affect any qualifiers so far in history but it could happen.
The silly way the voting was done (and summarised) in 2013 meant it completely fucked up Montenegro qualifying - they had the fourth highest average televote, but because the votes that year for a country were worked out by averaging the overall position in a nation's televote and the overall position in that nation's jury vote, it meant they got crippled by being limited to lower scores at best. They probably would have qualified on the current system - the line for qualification tends to be about 100 points and usually top 5 on either televote or jury is enough to get that in the semis.

• Wow
Reactions: D5K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom