Eurovision 2021 News

Most likely scenario?

• Total voters
Still waiting for "The Moon Is Rising" (20% louder whenever the moon is rising).

:(

I was waiting for “‘The Moon is Rising’ but the concept of the song becomes 2% less comprehensible every time she says parade”, then I realised that’s the ORIGINAL VERSION :disco:

434EC434-ABBD-496D-9974-BCE7DC003E9A.jpeg

What time will it be starting for you Didz? :o

Kept waking up from nightmares last night that Sweden didn’t qualify

Which bitch us going to be audacious enough to start the WATCH TOPIC?

It really is the ORIGINAL SYNC WATCH.

Looks like someone else on the Icelandic delegation has COVID so they’re not performing live tonight/tomorrow :(

It's a terrible shame for them but it was always a very real risk and I'm actually quite surprised it hasn't happened to more acts (yet)

The real world impact of it to the audience will be minimal too with the rehearsal footage in the can... plus sympathy votes. Although if they win, they most likely won't be able to perform then either 🥴

That's a terrible shame :( How will this work in the arena tomorrow, would they just show the rehearsal footage on big screens? It would be nice if they can at least get some live cheering and applause in the mix.

That's a terrible shame :( How will this work in the arena tomorrow, would they just show the rehearsal footage on big screens? It would be nice if they can at least get some live cheering and applause in the mix.

I’m sure they will, like they did with Australia yesterday, so for the viewer at home there won’t be much difference. That and by all accounts the Icelandic rehearsal was pretty final and polished.

It will make for a very strange end to the show if they win though, which is why I really didn’t want this to happen to any of the big favourites.

If they got the test today then presumably there’s a decent chance of getting an all clear for Saturday? It would mean performing without that member, but surely that’s better than nothing?

Unless its Dadi! Or Mummi (she’s preggo too right?)

he said probably too, that’s interesting

If they got the test today then presumably there’s a decent chance of getting an all clear for Saturday? It would mean performing without that member, but surely that’s better than nothing?

Unless its Dadi! Or Mummi (she’s preggo too right?)

he said probably too, that’s interesting

I think because it’s one of the band affected, they will have to quarantine for 5 days no matter what.

Also obviously Dadi and his wife are sharing a hotel room and I think two of the other members are too so it’s more likely that two of them would be taken out.

I know it must be tempting for them from the point of view of wanting to get their feet on the stage, but they have a performance in the bag with all 6 of them and if they are thinking of votes or even of their branding after the contest then it’s much more sensible to play in the tape.

Was their rehearsal good? This is such a shame :(

I just hope they slot it into the show like it’s actually happening, I’m sure they don’t want to admit that COVID is affecting the show more than it already is.

I guess it’ll be a bit weird not to have the THANK YOU EUROOOPE moment but still

Following a positive test for COVID-19 amongst the Icelandic delegation on Sunday 16 May, the whole team has been in quarantine and undergone PCR testing (on 16 and 19 May).

Today (Wednesday 19 May) a member of the Icelandic group Daði og Gagnamagnið also tested positive for COVID-19. The rest of the delegation has again tested negative for COVID-19.

In close collaboration with the EBU and the host broadcaster, Daði og Gagnamagnið have taken the difficult decision to withdraw from performing in this year’s live Eurovision Song Contest shows, as they only want to perform together as a group.

Their song will remain in the competition and we will broadcast their rehearsal performance, recorded on the stage on 13 May.

The Icelandic delegation will remain in quarantine and be monitored by the Health Authorities.

We wish them all the best and will provide further updates in due course.

:( :( :( :( :(

Gutting for Iceland. :(

How did the final rehearsal go down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom