12. ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น Portugal
  13. ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฌ Bulgaria
  14. ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Finland
  15. ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ป Latvia
  16. ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ Switzerland
  17. ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ Denmark

Some thoughts
  • Lithuania is a FANTASTIC opener.
  • Australia are fucked coming after Sweden.
  • Ireland getting the pimp slot is interesting considering the team behind the performance.
  • Not necessarily running order related but Iโ€™m start to think Malta will walk the semi and potentially the entire thing.

• San Marino opening is a bit strange considering itโ€™s probably one of the most anticipating entries, even with the public, for obvious reasons.
  • Estonia getting shoved in second AGAIN :D
  • The Georgia-Bulgaria run is a bit odd, I can see it helping Finland no end.
  • Denmark by far the best choice to close.

Some good spots for Lithuania, San Marino, Ireland, Cyprus, Malta and Denmark for those I FAVOUR.

Producer decided

I assumed as much, especially looking at the running order.

I somewhat assume running order makes LITTLE DIFFERENCE in the Semis, compared to the final.

Yeah you tend to get fans reading too much into the running order. Alexander Rybak won his semi performing first in 2018!

Even in the final itโ€™s not going to make much difference. Euphoria wouldโ€™ve still won performing second, and Austria & Russia both managed top three finishes performing fifth in the past few years.

Odd putting Ukraine straight after the fast-forwarded end of Mata Hari.

I'd never spotted it before but the second half of semi 2 will be a bit of a slog.

Putting my nerd hat on I would say

Semi One

Big Winners

Lithuania (GREAT opener, and essentially means they dodge this poisoned bullet for the final)
Sweden (What a standout this will be as the cool refreshing filling in that UNLISTENABLE Russian/Australian sandwich :D )
Ukraine (They needed that late draw I feel)

Big Losers

Slovenia (Always doomed, but you couldn't ask for a worse slot)
Russia (Unless it was here, which is statistically the worst slot for a semi.)
Ireland (Doomed to be upstaged by Cyprus)

Semi Two

Big Winners

Denmark (LOL, somebody *really* wants this in the final. Though last is no guarantee - Latvia failed here in 2017)
Latvia (Pre-Finland would have been even better, but the first uptempo pop song after a dry spell and the final English-language uptempo of the night, this is primed to qualify now)
Albania (Depends how Georgia goes over, but if Tornike doesn't translate, this is a slice of energy and professionalism between two potential duds)

Big Losers

Estonia (Yeah, this is doomed)
Czech Republic (Now reliant on a jury save I reckon, unless VERY memorably performed)
Poland (Probably screwed from anywhere, but leading into two big show pieces isn't really what you want)

It transcends music.

tenor.gif

I canโ€™t believe thereโ€™s people with ears that think Latvia are qualifying.

Yes, a good running order doesn't suddenly make a bad song sound great. Conan also performed third to last in the last actual contest, look where that got him :eyes:

Even in the final itโ€™s not going to make much difference. Euphoria wouldโ€™ve still won performing second, and Austria & Russia both managed top three finishes performing fifth in the past few years.

That was Euphoria though - if itโ€™s as open as people insist it is this year then running order could make ALL the difference.

Putting my nerd hat on I would say

Semi One

Big Winners

Lithuania (GREAT opener, and essentially means they dodge this poisoned bullet for the final)
Sweden (What a standout this will be as the cool refreshing filling in that UNLISTENABLE Russian/Australian sandwich :D )
Ukraine (They needed that late draw I feel)

Big Losers

Slovenia (Always doomed, but you couldn't ask for a worse slot)
Russia (Unless it was here, which is statistically the worst slot for a semi.)
Ireland (Doomed to be upstaged by Cyprus)

Semi Two

Big Winners

Denmark (LOL, somebody *really* wants this in the final. Though last is no guarantee - Latvia failed here in 2017)
Latvia (Pre-Finland would have been even better, but the first uptempo pop song after a dry spell and the final English-language uptempo of the night, this is primed to qualify now)
Albania (Depends how Georgia goes over, but if Tornike doesn't translate, this is a slice of energy and professionalism between two potential duds)

Big Losers

Estonia (Yeah, this is doomed)
Czech Republic (Now reliant on a jury save I reckon, unless VERY memorably performed)
Poland (Probably screwed from anywhere, but leading into two big show pieces isn't really what you want)

Agree with most of this but characteristically Iโ€™m going to hone in on the bits I disagree with.

Had Latvia been in Finlandโ€™s spot I might be saying differently but in this spot (and most others) I think it remains one of the least likely qualifiers. Itโ€™s going to be such a turn-off for most people.

Also I think Denmark is the natural closer, I donโ€™t think itโ€™s the case that anyone is particularly pushing it. Everything else in that half is a ballad or a more โ€œnicheโ€ uptempo.

You only have to go back to 2017 to find a qualifier from second place, and if you look at most of them since it's no wonder they didn't make it. It's not ideal to be second but it's only the DEATH SLOT because they choose it to be.

Estonia is one of the strongest to be put there so I'm not ruling it out.

Also Poland finished 8th in the final in 2016 after being placed second in their semi!

Estonia also qualified from second in 2013, so it's fine, they know what they're doing :)

You only have to go back to 2017 to find a qualifier from second place, and if you look at most of them since it's no wonder they didn't make it. It's not ideal to be second but it's only the DEATH SLOT because they choose it to be.

Estonia is one of the strongest to be put there so I'm not ruling it out.

Also Poland finished 8th in the final in 2016 after being placed second in their semi!
KEEP THE FAIIIIIIIITH! :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom