Eurovision 2021: The Odds

I can totally see both not qualifying to be honest. Which would be sad indeed though.

The odds always get a fair load wrong each year tbh. I think Denmark is fine. Ireland's up against a hard mountain, but I really hope our Les can make it.

Semi 1 sounds pretty CORRECT and is hard to argue with however Serbia, Albania and Austria hardly seem like solid LOCKS for semi 2.

A bit of an update (from bet365):

Malta - 7/2
France - 9/2
Switzerland - 11/2
Italy - 8/1
Bulgaria - 10/1
Sweden - 12/1
Iceland - 16/1
Lithuania - 22/1
Greece - 22/1
Norway - 25/1

France now SECOND FAVES and not that far behind Malta :shock: (at least I don’t think :D) The Swiss seemingly forgotten after the HYSTERIA of a LANDSLIDE VICTORY in mid March :D

Not sure why Italy and Bulgaria are still in the top five but I do like both. Greece also slowly moving up which is nice, they’re teasing ‘something never seen on the Eurovision stage before’ with regards to the performance, although I recall them saying similar back in 2018 when Yianna dipped her hand in some blue paint :D:eyes: STILL, nice to see them UP THERE after they’ve have a shit few years results wise.

WTF are Norway doing in the top ten. A definite qualifier YES but I really can’t see it doing all that well.

I’m tempted to put a bit of money on Denmark, Czech Republic and maybe Ireland qualifying, they’re all a bit underrated I think.

My Scooby ears are perked up for a HOT MESS from Greece. It's pretty clear from the promo video that she has more money than sense/taste.

And it's not as though we can rely on the Greek delegation to REIGN HER IN based on their last effort :D

The Swiss now "seemingly forgotten" when they're as far behind France as 'not that far behind' France are behind Malta? :D

Oh SHUSH I won’t do HYPERBOLE write ups in future then

My Scooby ears are perked up for a HOT MESS from Greece. It's pretty clear from the promo video that she has more money than sense/taste.

And it's not as though we can rely on the Greek delegation to REIGN HER IN based on their last effort :D

LOVE THIS MESS

I remain UTTERLY AGOG that a song as perfectly decent as Better Love somehow wound up as THAT by the time it arrived on the Eurovision stage :D

Truly a low-key disaster for the ages.

See also Greece’s enemies North Macedonia in 2017 & 2018 flopping with BRILLIANT songs with DISASTROUS performances (+ costume reveals :disco:)

Reactions: VoR
I don't think there was any saving those songs though to be fair. Poor Jana was COMPLETELY talentless, and Eye Cue's song was just totally ill-suited to Eurovision.

Does anyone really think Voila is going to sweep the votes, particularly the televote?

It’s too early to say I guess. We know she can perform and the staging in the National final was really good, and if Amar Pelos Dois could win the televote in a landslide, there’s nothing to say that this couldn’t.

Maybe if it's surrounded by bangers in the second half, but I think it's unlikely.

WTF are Norway doing in the top ten. A definite qualifier YES but I really can’t see it doing all that well.
I think people are still underestimating Norway in the aftermath of KEiiNO. It’s gonna score good points in the straight/casual televote.

And who can deny the impact of sleeper queen AVA MAX?!

Norway is a good song and I think will stand out amongst all the euro-slut bangers.

It's getting a BIT attention from the "normies" on Youtube as well. "Look at this tragic eurosong lol!" etc. Completely missing the tongue-in-cheekness OF COURSE. :rolleyes:

Does anyone really think Voila is going to sweep the votes, particularly the televote?
It'll do very well in the juries because frankly it's the sort of full of itself "oh isn't this ARTISTIC and SERIOUS!" wank they normally eat up with a spoon, but I could equally see it coming 4th or 24th with the public. It's the sort of thing that tends to either take off in a big way with a voter niche there for it, or just leave everyone cold for some reason (THAT IT'S MISERABLE BOLLOCKS)

Fallen Angel is an excellent pop ballad and it's very easy to get distracted from that by the admittedly OLEAGINOUS VISUALS

The amount of easily distracted queens who can’t see through Tix’s staging to the fine song beneath is astonishing. It’s just MISANDRY.

The amount of easily distracted queens who can’t see through Tix’s staging to the fine song beneath is astonishing. It’s just MISANDRY.
won't forget, can't forget
1d28a5286a70d340c1eb4366c17469fdb4797cab.gifv

Fallen Angel is terrible for numerous reasons.

The staging - obnoxious
The lyrics - fuck off
He's apparently quite problematic

The song isn't musically terrible, but all these factors distract so significantly.

Fallen Angel is terrible for numerous reasons.

The staging - obnoxious
The lyrics - fuck off
He's apparently quite problematic

The song isn't musically terrible, but all these factors distract so significantly.
I actually love Fallen Angle now in studio form and listen to it a lot, but I can’t watch the live performance because it kills the whole thing stone dead.

APPARENTLY PROBLEMATIC? Can we have an EVEN MORE VAGUE criticism please?!?

The visuals are the best thing about Fallen Angel for me. I liked the Norwegian version, but I hate being able to understand the lyrics of the English version, I find it kinda cringe and it doesn't provide the uplift we're all after following the past year and a bit.

Plus after they cast so many other good songs aside (the rest of the top 4 in MGP + Raylee), it's the song I'm most willing to NQ.

Okay a PRE-REHEARSAL UPDATE (with best odds according to oddschecker, these numbers meaning nothing to me :D):

Malta - 16/5
France - 9/2
Switzerland - 29/5
Italy - 37/5
Iceland - 20/1
Bulgaria - 21/1
Lithuania - 27/1
Norway - 35/1
Sweden - 39/1
Cyprus - 39/1

Then for qualifying from the semis:
Semi-Final 1 - Malta, Sweden, Lithuania, Cyprus, Romania, Ukraine, Russia, Norway, Azerbaijan, Israel

Semi-Final 2 - Switzerland, Bulgaria, Finland, Iceland, Greece, San Marino, Moldova, Serbia, Albania, Austria

Truly the imperial system of probabilities.

This is more user-friendly:

20% implied probability of Malta winning
15% France
12% Switzerland
10% Italy
5% Iceland and Bulgaria
Thank you. I've never understood proper odds

Always amazed that educated people don't understand odds! They're hardly a complex equation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom