Eurovision 2021: The Rehearsals

Well Ireland looks ODD. I’m sure it’ll all make sense in its final form 🥴

Why is it MAPS instead of Maps 🥴

• Love
Reactions: dUb
I feel that Lesley may have a perfectly competent voice on record, but live performances aren’t FOR HER.

PATCHY doesn’t really cover it.

@VoR do you see what the camera sees, with effects etc.? If so what more can you TELL US

It was a bit of a MESS, I’ll be honest. Way too much going on. They need to lose the shot where she sticks her head through a FLOWER like some kind of demented teletubby right away. :bruised:

But I fully expect they’ll watch the footage back and tidy it up. I’d say it has potential if they calm it down a bit. It’s cute, fun and certainly memorable.

Could go either way. If that was the final run-through I’d be worried, but it isn’t so I’m not!

Omg
Well Vasilene can’t do the hair toss so it won’t be as good but OMG

I sort of don’t want to see these rehearsals, I think I’ve seen too much already today!

From her "swiping" in that video I guess Lesley's got some on-camera effects :(

Why do people always get freaked out by a few dropped notes in a TECHNICAL REHEARSAL?

That was obviously not her giving 100% to the vocal. Let’s wait and see.

Because good singers don’t magically go out of tune when they’re holding back.

Because good singers don’t magically go out of tune when they’re holding back.

Come on though. You've sat through as many of these things as I have, you KNOW there's always a few where people freak out over a vocally shaky rehearsal and then it's FINE by the night!

Come on though. You've sat through as many of these things as I have, you KNOW there's always a few where people freak out over a vocally shaky rehearsal and then it's FINE by the night!

When they crank up the backing vocals to 11, yes, so I’ll admit they have plenty of time to do that.

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: VoR
She didn’t sound as bad as Demy :D

I get VoR’s point but Are Lesley only has one other relevant vocal perf on record - and that was pretty shit! 🥴

She was too busy being the road to focus on her vocals.

I can't wait for the HOT MESS of the year.

The gay gasps of horror in the press room when Netherlands 2015 sloped out looking like a demented sack of spuds in a widow's veil and THAT DRESS still haunt me to this day. :D

"I LIKE IT OF COURSE. I'M VERY HAPPY."

Through gritted teeth.

• BOOM BOOM
TODAY!

9.00 Cyprus
9.40 Norway
10.20 Croatia
11.00 Belgium
12.40 Israel
13.20 Romania
14.00 Azerbaijan
15.00 Ukraine
15.40 Malta

Everything today seems like a qualifier, and that’s coming after everyone seemingly performed quite well yesterday. NOT looking forward to the qualifiers announcement AT ALL :D

El Diablo then - very slick and choreographed, bathed in red lights throughout. Strong vocals from Elena and great energy. No obvious gimmicks so far, just her and four female backing dancers.

Totally solid and absolutely sailing through on Tuesday. :disco:

Last edited:
Come through Mamacita!!!

tenor.gif

I was worried they’d lay off the DEVILISH imagery after the protests but glad they’ve doubled down and gone FULL EVIL :disco: :horny:

She's a great performer, I'm very relieved.

I don't think it'll win the whole shebang, but I COULD see it winning the televote Keiino style. (Probably a long shot but Y'KNOW). It's just a great pop performance.

Norway - much the same as the NF staging, but with more lights and floor effects - lightning, clouds etc.

I'm moving this into my NQ pile. It's just nothing special, and feels like a long 3 minutes after the excitement of Cyprus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom