Eurovision 2021: The Rehearsals

Soldi

Πάμε put your hands up
Pronouns
He/him
The rehearsals kick off tomorrow morning. Not sure how much coverage we’ll get this year due to obvious reasons but I’m sure the official Eurovision accounts will have plenty of updates.

As for the rehearsals that will garner Moopy interest;
Saturday: Lithuania, Russia, Sweden, Ireland
Sunday: Cyprus, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Malta
Monday: San Marino, Greece, Moldova, Iceland, Serbia
Tuesday: Finland, Latvia, Switzerland, Denmark
Thursday: France, Italy, United Kingdom

Last edited:
Eurovision.tv is doing a full live blog this year that seems to promise even more real time updates than usual, although obviously they'll have to be impartial with their opinions. All the usual fan sites that cover the rehearsals live will still be doing so virtually, and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there were some leaks for that reason too, not that I'll be spoiling it for myself by looking if there are.

Any idea yet if the first rehearsals are behind closed doors like they were in Israel?

I guess it doesn't sound like that if the live coverage starts on day 1.

God I LOVE and LIVE for the rehearsal period. It's why my loon flag really FLIES FREE :disco:
REMEMBER the days when us LOON QUEENS had to rely on that miserable bastard from Ireland for UPDATES :zombie:

Most perched for Cyprus, as I think their rehearsal really will tell us if they are delivering us a Feugo (and possibly a rerun of Feugo/Toy but with Malta instead of Israel in the process :D ) or another FUN FOR GAYS but not really competitive Replay moment.

Reactions: VoR
I really hope we get another Lovewave/Fuego/Zero Gravity style SHOCK at some point. I don’t know who it could be though, perhaps Belgium or Albania.

Other favourites:

Netherlands (again!) going FULL RACIST in 2018
The realisation that Julia Samoylova's staging for I Won't Break was worse than we could ever have possibly imagined :disco:
The nervous collar-tugging when then-overwhelming favourite Italy 2017 came on looking like a sweaty, coked-up MESS

Not to mention the UK bringing the BEST staging of the year in 2017 :disco:

The nervous collar-tugging when then-overwhelming favourite Italy 2017 came on looking like a sweaty, coked-up MESS

God I rewatched this the other day, what an absolute DISASTER of a performance it was.
Completely inaccessible if you weren't already familiar, horrible outfits, appalling camera angles throughout and Francesco looking like he was performing it for the 50,000th time (tbh he probably was) instead of borrowing from MAD EMMA and giving the performance of his LIFE

A MESS! In hindsight I'm surprised it managed to place as high as it did.

Other favourites:

Netherlands (again!) going FULL RACIST in 2018

Oh God, the DISCUSSIONS I've had with people on Twitter on this one. Some just DID NOT (WANT TO) SEE IT.

"It's part of the act, are we supposed to censor everything now?1!!11"

:eyes:

I think Croatia MAY SURPRISE this year in a GOOD WAY, and possibly screw over another up-tempo fave in the process...

Also want Eden from Israel to totally bring it with a COMPLETE SLUT BANGER revamp of her shit song as a total FUCK YOU to the Israeli public :D

I think Croatia MAY SURPRISE this year in a GOOD WAY, and possibly screw over another up-tempo fave in the process...

Also want Eden from Israel to totally bring it with a COMPLETE revamp of her shit song as a total FUCK YOU to the Israeli public :D
Talking of UPTEMPOS I’m really starting to think poor old Efendi will FLOP BADLY.

Oh I forgot about IRELAND! Definitely have them pegged as a potential shouty hot mess, especially with charisma POWERHOUSE Lesley Roy at the helm :D

They have the staging director behind Heroes so I’m cautiously optimistic :o

• BOOM BOOM
I found the staging for Heroes quite TWEE and GIMMICKY and think Måns only pulled it together by being so inherently RIMMABLE.

• Love
Reactions: dUb
The rehearsals kick off tomorrow morning. Not sure how much coverage we’ll get this year due to obvious reasons but I’m sure the official Eurovision accounts will have plenty of updates.

As for the rehearsals that will garner Moopy interest;
Saturday: Lithuania, Russia, Sweden, Ireland
Sunday: Cyprus, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Malta
Monday: San Marino, Greece, Moldova, Iceland, Serbia
Tuesday: Finland, Switzerland, Denmark
Thursday: France, Italy, United Kingdom

How DARE YOU ignore the queen on the night?

No KitKat or Magnum for you, @Soldi

I'll only be able to watch a few today and tomorrow as I'm visiting my parents for the weekend. But poised for Lithuania :disco:

If anyone is LOONY ENOUGH then I note the lovely EscUnited are doing LIVE STREAMS for rehearsals.

escXtra’s live stream is also back.

Currently 8 of them are streaming from home. At last time of checking, there were 3 viewers. One of whom was me, another presumably the tech guy.

It actually makes me quite sad. I remember in 2012/13 when I was a student shut away in my room putting off any form of studying by watching the Xtra stream, at a time when they were the only ones doing it.

It actually had engaging people on it providing what felt like a really exciting insight into the atmosphere out there and I properly lived vicariously through them as tragic as that may be. :D

Now it’s essentially quite a dull Zoom chat with a couple of people listening in. :(

So from WHAT I’M HEARING it sounds as if Lithuania are pretty similar to the National final? @VoR to confirm

Missed Lithuania but yes, by all accounts very strong but largely unchanged.

Slovenia now. White dress, not much happening but her vocals are AMAZING. I couldn't entirely rule out a jury save. She's Dami/Ruth level talented, albiet with a much weaker song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom