Eurovision 2022 news (Turin on the 10th-14th May)

They're to prevent the semi finals from being too stacked with countries from the same region, to mitigate the effects of diaspora voting and (theoretically) ensure that every country has a more or less equal chance of qualifying on paper.

Hence all the former Yugoslav states are bunched together to ensure no more than three land in any semi final. Same with the Nordic and Baltic blocs. Some of the others are more a case of just throwing in what's left over once you separate out all the major voting blocs.

Last edited:
They're to prevent the semi finals from being too stacked with countries from the same region, to mitigate the effects of diaspora voting an (theoretically) ensure that every country has a more or less equal chance of qualifying on paper.

Hence all the former Yugoslav states are bunched together to ensure no more than three land in any semi final. Same with the Nordic and Baltic blocs. Some of the others are more a case of just throwing in what's left over once you separate out all the major voting blocs.
Got it. Thank you!

I do recall one year (2016?) they revealed the hosts and logo on the same day as the draw.

Tickets money passport!!
Don't forget MASK!

Crocodile Masked Singer GIF by FOX TV

Some hot stage news that I understand!

The stage will be made up of 7 concentric platforms, with linear sliding movement of 180 degrees in both directions, which will carry a central wall and 6 concentric arches for a diameter of 19 meters and a height of 9 and a half meters.

Reactions: COB
A description of a stage with no render or diagram or anything... my imagination has gone into overdrive :disco:

I’m interested because looking at pictures, the arena doesn’t look THAT big on the inside. I think it’s about 14k max for concerts.

Some hot stage news that I understand!

The stage will be made up of 7 concentric platforms, with linear sliding movement of 180 degrees in both directions, which will carry a central wall and 6 concentric arches for a diameter of 19 meters and a height of 9 and a half meters.

Confusion Calculating GIF by Allegheny College

They really should have just bothered with a PICTURE.

They really should have just bothered with a PICTURE.

The guy in charge of building the stage for Turin, talking to the team at Eurovision HQ: oh yeah, the stage! We have one of those. What does it look like? So there's... a stage and... erm... no, there's seven of them. Seven stages, and then this slidey thing - like in a line- and erm - show you? Yes, yes, no, sorry I can't show you, my webcam isn't working today bye.

So… am I right in thinking this means a huge round stage made up of one central stage and surrounded by ring stages, each which can rotate, and each having an arch straddling all the smaller stages?

What the hell is "linear sliding movement in both directions"? Would love it if those directions are left/right and up/down and it's like watching a side-scrolling platform game.

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom