Eurovision 2022 news (Turin on the 10th-14th May)

I wonder if they can tempt the Vatican to take part :disco::lolly:

Can't wait for LOVER OF SATAN Elena to offer her services :disco:

tenor.gif

I think there could be a bidding process as 9 cities have expressed an interest in hosting so far:
  • Rome
  • Milan
  • Naples
  • Pesaro
  • Reggio Emilia
  • Florence
  • Turin
  • Bologna
  • Rimini
Not all of them will be in contention. There aren’t that many arenas in Italy with a capacity over 10000.

Most cities have only a small 3-6k arena or sports hall.

Last edited:
Someone I know has already done a refundable booking on an airbnb in Turin for this :eyes:

Must admit that I did have a NOSY on Booking.com yesterday afternoon for week ending 21st May and many prices were looking reasonable, especially when compared to Tel Aviv and the original booking I had for Rotterdam. It is tempting to lock something in early before dates or city are confirmed and it all shoots up, as long as it's refundable up until next May, but I don't want to be pushing up the prices by booking multiple options.

Reactions: COB
Must admit that I did have a NOSY on Booking.com yesterday afternoon for week ending 21st May and many prices were looking reasonable, especially when compared to Tel Aviv and the original booking I had for Rotterdam. It is tempting to lock something in early before dates or city are confirmed and it all shoots up, as long as it's refundable up until next May, but I don't want to be pushing up the prices by booking multiple options.
14th

I think there could be a bidding process as 9 cities have expressed an interest in hosting so far:
  • Rome
  • Milan
  • Naples
  • Pesaro
  • Reggio Emilia
  • Florence
  • Turin
  • Bologna
  • Rimini
Not all of them will be in contention. There aren’t that many arenas in Italy with a capacity over 10000.

Most cities have only a small 3-6k arena or sports hall.

Sanremo and Verona have put themselves forward, taking it up to 11 bids.

The Verona Arena would be amazing. Sanremo are proposing Teatro Ariston as a venue which is a long shot.

I don’t know, I’d have loved another Born In Belorussia :disco:

Musically it's a shame, but in the grander scheme of things that was obviously long overdue.

Reactions: D5K
Especially after this year - they wrung a good 3-4 days of content out of the final, in addition to the week itself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom