Eurovision 2022 news (Turin on the 10th-14th May)

182 million watched overall. I thought it’d be much higher, it’s only a tad above 2019’s figure!

Cattelan is one of the names being touted to take charge of Sanremo as well now that Amadeus has quit. :o

tumblr_ouwxjjcwTN1rocvqqo1_400.gifv

There is a correlation between that performance and the implementation of Section 28 a decade later due to rampant homosexuality spreading through schools.

Immediately incorporating that dramatic head flick into my everyday conversations.

Have Turkey/Bosnia started teasing the fans yet?

Have Turkey/Bosnia started teasing the fans yet?
Yes. Turkey “in talks” about rejoining. Presumably only because Jon Ola Sand has resigned and they think the new guy is more likely to give them 100-point head start and substitute them for Germany in the big 5.

We need Turkey back so something other than Hadise can be in the Most Watched This Month every month on the ESC channel

So a grand total of SEVENTEEN cities have popped their names in to host next year. They include the likes of Bologna, Genoa, Florence, Venice, Milan, Rimini (which I heard at one point would be a joint hosting with the San-Marinnese broadcaster should it be held there), Rome, Sanremo (but that ain’t happening) and Turin.

The seventeen cities have to submit ‘bid books’ to RAI by early August, and a decision should be made by the end of August. A local news site in Bologna has also signalled that the dates will be 10-12-14 May, albeit there’s no official confirmation yet (although it’d better be, considering that’s the dates I have the Air BnB booked in Turin for :D).

I’d have thought Milan and Turin would probably be the favourites to host. Both seemingly have the best arenas which fit all the requirements and are big cities with plenty of facilities already in place. I know someone, possibly @VoR mentioned that RAI favoured Turin as well.

I’d be surprised after all this we end up in ROME, and plenty of these cities are NO HOPERS, with the city of Jesolo not even having close to a suitable venue but still diving into it all anyway :D:disco:

Jesolo is essentially just Venice anyway, isn't it?

When Italy assumed they had it in the bag for 2017 (:basil:), the expectation was that they’d host in Turin. Their Head of Delegation confirmed that this year. So yes, they would be the favourites I’d say.

Is there any hope of Mahmood SERVING FASHUN as one of the hosts?

Is there any hope of Mahmood SERVING FASHUN as one of the hosts?
He said yesterday that he wanted to perform.

Maybe Mahmood will finally meet Soldi :disco:

His English isn’t great though, so I doubt it :(

Any chance we can get Sam Janus (feat Hazell Dean) back for another love letter to the world?

Italy to host the whole thing in Italian exclusively <3
And why not!

Realise I am going off topic here but I was thinking to myself the other day how interesting it might be to bring back the official language rule (even just for one year)…

…UK still finishes bottom 5.

As the City of Sanremo accept that they cant host it in the Teatro Ariston (the Sanremo venue), they have revealed their back up option is a MARKET :D

”Here’s Jessie J signing for the UK alongside Giovanna from the fruit and veg stand :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom