Eurovision 2022 RUNNING ORDER

Some thoughts..

It’s actually a pretty decent start to the show until Switzerland.
Lol at them not shunting in Germany in the first five where it belongs, or even putting them between two faves.
As I said in the other thread, YAY for the UK pimp slot!

I imagine Moldova may do very well considering it’s the first proper uptempo in about fifty years.

Honestly, what is the POINT of putting Romania on second. SWITCH THEM WITH GERMANY YOU CUNTS
The semis also had 2 fast songs as 1 and 2, I think they just want to get the tempo going at the start. It's likely that Romania only scraped through so more expendable than others. Though of course I wish it had the pimp slot it deserves!

If I was from the Germany-Iceland section I’d be worried. You’d think Greece would steal most of the votes from there.

Some thoughts..

It’s actually a pretty decent start to the show until Switzerland.
Lol at them not shunting in Germany in the first five where it belongs, or even putting them between two faves.
As I said in the other thread, YAY for the UK pimp slot!
hmmm...is it a pimp slot though? Three big male vocals shoved up against each other...someone is going to come out of that worse off.

A part of me wishes they'd had the nerve to put Ukraine on second if they wanted to do two big tracks to start. Now THAT would've been interesting
I feel like if Ukraine had absolutely smashed it in the first semi (as in won both the jury and televote by a comfortable margin) they’d have put them on earlier (maybe about 5th-6th!).

hmmm...is it a pimp slot though? Three big male vocals shoved up against each other...someone is going to come out of that worse off.
Sam will certainly not be the one to come the worst off. The UK have a much more interesting package than either Australia or Poland.

Plus, I don’t know if the producers are aware of the results or not but Australia being placed between Sweden and the UK doesn’t really spell GOOD NEWS for the Aussies.

Plus, I don’t know if the producers are aware of the results or not but Australia being placed between Sweden and the UK doesn’t really spell GOOD NEWS for the Aussies.

Fair point. It suggests he snuck through thanks to the juries.

I do think this is a bit of a concern for Sam, to an extent - three very good male vocalists in a row means none stand out simply for good vocals. Cornelia has no other female vocalists for 4 songs

Fuck off at WRS on second! The effort and professionalism it took to haul that entry through to the final (not because it isn’t amazing, but the ides of beige were stacked against it) to get that slot.

Happy with Big Sam's draw. A big, bright, ostentatious performance between two dour ballads which are more in competition with each other than they are with us. Not sure about the opening run; when there are only three uptempo songs in the final, spunking two of them right out of the gate is a silly idea.

Also I may have to go out for a jog or something from 12 to 18. What a vile run.

I feel like if Ukraine had absolutely smashed it in the first semi (as in won both the jury and televote by a comfortable margin) they’d have put them on earlier (maybe about 5th-6th!).
The producers don't know the results when they set the running order.

Overall it's a pretty good arrangement of a tricky line-up I think, there's an obvious mid-show sag but at least it picks up afterwards.

I find Germany in slot 13, the final slot of the first half, interesting. In 2021 they put another dud (Spain) in that slot; I'd have expected them to put more of the favourites at the end of the half.

The set change between the Australian steps and Sam's cage will take ages.

where is it from please
H7ObZXd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom