Eurovision 2022: Semi Final ONE (20:00 BST)

Watching some of the performances back I really do think Greece won it, unless Ukraine got a huge, huge televote.

BBC3 usually has a 0.6% average share of 25-34s?!! Who else is supposed to be watching it?
Yes, that did strike me as odd - its target audience is 16-34.

And I'd have thought if anything it would get a LOWER share in that demographic for Eurovision, because more people who aren't in that age group and who wouldn't normally watch it would be tuning in.

Someone from the Aussievision podcast suggested that maybe Ukraine sucked up so much of the public vote that the juries were much more influential than usual because there effectively wasn’t much of a televote at all!!!

Isn’t that interesting :wow:

Someone from the Aussievision podcast suggested that maybe Ukraine sucked up so much of the public vote that the juries were much more influential than usual because there effectively wasn’t much of a televote at all!!!

Can't believe Austria went out because it came second in the televote but the juries were just so much more influential than usual :(

But I don’t think that’s possible, it’s all done by rankings, not proportionally by total votes.

The most extreme effect would be efffectively nobody would be able to get 12s (And even then if they juries were giving Ukraine 12s it would cancel out this effect even more)

Does that make any sense? I just woke up

But I don’t think that’s possible, it’s all done by rankings, not proportionally by total votes.
I agree with this and this part makes sense. The other one, I'm not sure. :D

What I mean, is if the public vote just give all the 12s to Ukraine, then it just qualifies, that’s all. There would still be 10s, 8s, 7s etc from every country’s televote which have just as much power as the 10s 8s and 7s from the jury and they would still rank the other non-Ukrainian entries like normal.

It would give the juries slightly more power if they paid no special attention to Ukraine because they’d also have 12s to give out, but that would just mean they might be able to pull off a jury save from slightly further down the televote rank.

The Aussievision theory would make sense if each country could give most of their televote to one country, like an election

What I mean, is if the public vote just give all the 12s to Ukraine, then it just qualifies, that’s all. There would still be 10s, 8s, 7s etc from every country’s televote which have just as much power as the 10s 8s and 7s from the jury and they would still rank the other non-Ukrainian entries like normal.

It would give the juries slightly more power if they paid no special attention to Ukraine because they’d also have 12s to give out, but that would just mean they might be able to pull off a jury save from slightly further down the televote rank.

The Aussievision theory would make sense if each country could give most of their televote to one country, like an election
Britney Spears What GIF

The most extreme effect would be efffectively nobody would be able to get 12s (And even then if they juries were giving Ukraine 12s it would cancel out this effect even more)

Does that make any sense? I just woke up
That's still quite a big effect in terms of the ceiling for the number of points everyone else can get!

That's still quite a big effect in terms of the ceiling for the number of points everyone else can get!
But I mean ultimately it’s only going to cause issues for songs that were in the danger zone already. What it’s NOT is there effectively being no public vote.

And if the juries are dishing out loads of 12s to Ukraine too, this bias would have less and less effect

Or who knows, maybe this is all just pointless speculation by gays who think they know everything. It’s not like THAT would be much of a shock :D

You're making sense, Diddy. I didn't think, I just posted. (© Suomi)

While I’m thinking about the public vote, I’m surprised people are only talking about sympathetic voters from other countrie. I’ve not seen anything on here about the sudden Ukrainian diaspora of displaced people voting! (I’m sure they have more pressing concerns, mind)

Just PERUSING this thread

I feel like not much was made of the fact that not only did we get a spotlight sighting of Kala, but also the Moopiez losing their shit after Ukraine :o

Would someone be so kind to list off the songs Pausini performed at the start?

Hard to decipher ANYTHING in that FORREN LANGUAGE. Bloody Europeans!

Would someone be so kind to list off the songs Pausini performed at the start?

Hard to decipher ANYTHING in that FORREN LANGUAGE. Bloody Europeans!
Benvenuto
Io canto
La solitudine
Le cose che vivi
Scatola

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom