United Kingdom 2022: Sam Ryder - SPACE MAN

WHADDYA THINK?

• Total voters
Deep breaths, dears.

not my ex GIF by Jessie J

Could it be an announcement of the BBC teaming up with a label, like the BMG thing?

I feel like the logical thing is to send Rita Ora with a vocal banger and in any other country's unique universe of local popstars, that would make the most sense, but of course, why would we do that when we can make so much less effort

Oh god we're going to get someone like Gemma Collins aren't we?

If it's a national final we'll either get someone we've never heard of or someone who had a minor run on the X Factor/The Voice about a decade ago. Ergo I'm forecasting TYLER JAMES

If it’s anything particularly interesting then The Sun will publish it just before midnight.

Sigh. Heard it ALL BEFORE…

For the 2022 Contest the BBC and BBC Studios will be collaborating with TaP Music, the global music publishing and management company behind some of the world’s most successful pop artists, such as Dua Lipa, Lana del Rey and Ellie Goulding, in order to choose a song and act that will represent the United Kingdom in the biggest and most watched music contest on the planet.

I see your Chelcee Grimes and raise you Hailee Steinfeld

Let’s start speculating! :D:(

This is just BIZARRE…

Dua [Lipa] said: “I’m a proud Brit whilst also being a proud Kosovan. I’m happy to lend my manager to the cause. I’ll be cheering them on!”

Elton [John] added: “There aren’t many televised events that are as big and global as Eurovision, so it’s a wonderful opportunity for us to remind the world yet again of the depth and diversity of our talent. I can’t wait to see what gems our friends at Tap Music will unearth.”

As Spice Girls star Mel C puts it: “The Brits make fantastic pop music. Not only that, we invented it!

“Isn’t it about time we started showing the rest of Europe what we can do and put our best foot forward when it comes to Eurovision?”

Was she the personality void they shoehorned into their semi-final coverage last year?
Yep. Same formula as James Newman: songwriter to the stars, likely given up on any other chance of a breakout moment. She's also got a little relationship going with the BBC past that too - she hosts the Queertopia podcast on BBC Sounds with Courtney Act

Songwriting credits for Chelcee Grimes. Wonderland is SUCH a giveaway :D If she's capable of rustling up anything as good as Kiss and Make Up then I wouldn't be against it.

TitleYearArtistAlbum
"Million Miles"2014Kylie MinogueKiss Me Once
"Walking Through the Desert"2014The Saturdays"Finest Selection: The Greatest Hits"
"First Time"2014BoAWho's Back?
"Tuxedo"2014Mic Lowry
"The Chase"2014
"Heart Of Yours"2014
"Playground"2014Alexa CurtisN/A
"Not Over You"2015DodaN/A
"Note To Self"2015HomeTownHomeTown
"You Are The One"2015DodaN/A
"Down With Ya"2015Sweet CaliforniaHead for the Stars
"Dizzy"2016SaszanSaszan
"Romantic"2016StanajN/A
Where Do W Go From Here2016Malte CastroWhere Do We Go From Here
"All The Time"2016Chris LaneGirl Problems
"Nothing Like Him"2016Mic Lowry
"Broke"2016Sweet California
"So Good"2016Louisa JohnsonSo Good
"11:11"2016TaeyeonMy Voice
"Deeper"2016Olly Murs24 Hours
"Dreams"2017Dua LipaDua Lipa
"Bad Together"2017Dua LipaDua Lipa
"Shame On You"2018Claire RichardsMy Wildest Dreams
"Kiss and Make Up"2018Dua Lipa x BlackpinkDua Lipa
"Just Like That"2018Chelcee GrimesChelcee
"I Need a Night Out"2018Chelcee GrimesChelcee
"Wild"2019Jonas BlueN/A
"Love Again"2020Dua LipaFuture Nostalgia
"Wonderland"2020Roxen x Alexander RybakN/A

Are they a record label or really just a management company? It's a slightly different angle from BMG isn't it?

Was she the personality void they shoehorned into their semi-final coverage last year?
I was depressed about that then realised I was confusing her with Jayde Adams who they had on their podcast series in 2019.

Yeah I like how the BBC News front page(!) went with “Dua Lipa’s team to choose UK’s Eurovision entry” with a picture of Dua Lipa

Because it might be Dua Lipa right? :eyes:

This got a slot on Radio 4's Today programme and they interviewed Paddy O'Connell who basically said "the BBC aren't the only player in the game, if they don't want to do it properly, ITV will", or words to that effect :D

Of course it ended with Nick Robinson saying "I thought it was supposed to be awful" which just about sums things up.

I expect (guess?) one of the reasons the BBC don’t have an option to sit out a year as a participant is that ITV probably would just swoop in and take the place.

Between Nick Robinson and Greg James the ignorance within the BBC is incredible. You would think that the host broadcaster might be able to get everybody singing from the same song sheet.

Also, in a year when the winning act is arguably the biggest global breakthrough of the year, whom is it who is really out of touch? UK advocates of the contest, or Radio 1 et al?

Last edited:
As we have decided that she is being sent next year here are some CHELCEE LIVE VOX (with a very awkward trying to make the audience sing along moment in which she forgets there is anyone on stage with her):

Well she has more about her than Newman.

I had quietly enjoyed a few of Chelcee’s songs, without ever really knowing who she was or what she even looked like, so I was rather disappointed to discover the 💀 that we got on the semi final coverage last year

Time to talk is my favourite

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom