United Kingdom 2022: Sam Ryder - SPACE MAN

WHADDYA THINK?

• Total voters
Oh, Jessie J WOULD DO IT.

love yourself hug GIF by Jessie J

I'd totally unironically support I WANT LOVE (or any other Agnes demos Ryan Tedder's happy to chuck her) all the way to 13th :basil:

Plus, most of Europe DOESN'T KNOW SHE'S A WANKER!

Plus as Natalia Gordienko demonstrated, European viewers certainly don't actively fear THE OBVOXIOUS :disco:

Oh of course they'll fucking send Jessie J, why give the gays what they want when you can continue torturing and trolling them like you have for the last 20 years

Not that I think it's automatically a terrible idea. Something like "Who You Are" would surely do well. I just wonder how off-putting she'd be to kill off any potential goodwill.

I mean, Lucie was outstanding, but even she kind of over-egged the facial expressions at times - imagine the smug gurning this one would give us.

But then again, I can't imagine Jessie being forgettable enough NOT to finish somewhere mid-table. It's better than nothing.

Yeah, send her

Oh Christ, Who You Are would genuinely be in the top 5 worst songs I’ve ever heard in my life. Completely unbearable.
Where would ‘Who’s Laughing Now’ rank?*

*obviously I can’t contemplate that it wouldn’t be on the list

Omg imagine if we come back to this thread this time next year after we’ve won.

(Not with Jessie J obviously)

Reactions: dUb
Presumably the Mirror saw the Sun article about Jessie J and thought they may as well make something up too. Fills a few inches after all.

But yes, terrible idea. I don’t think even the BBC would go there - it isn’t that the delegation doesn’t take it seriously, it is just incompetent.

If they’re seriously going down the CAMP NONSENSE route, they deserve to keep the streak they’ve got going. Talk about the complete wrong approach... :octy:

Agreed but I just don’t think they will go down that route. It is the last vestige of the desperate and I’m pretty sure even the BBC recognises that doesn’t work now (it didn’t really work 15 years ago, either but that didn’t stop them then).

This was rumoured for this year too, just like Fleur East every year. Easy made up story. UK entries may not be good but the acts are rarely that predictable

Good point - although at least Fleur has said she is willing to do it!

Of course we will be wishing for any of these acts when it turns out to be Shane Richie.

Sure, this difference, at least for me, is that Fleur is an artist that has said she is willing and should be actively considered (so the rumour mill is welcome). If Baga is a serious option then Nicki French may as well get that jacket dry-cleaned and have another shot.

Now THIS is a shit idea.

The thing about acts like the Frock Destroyers is that they have a lot of cheerleaders because they're from the Drag Race franchise, but divorced from it they just don't make sense. Their songs are basically vehicles for in-jokes, which works if you're a Drag Race fan, but if you're not...

Plus, they're shoved together at random so there's always at least one technically useless one per group. Like, Blu Hydrangea is an actively bad singer.

The thing that's very easy to forget is that while obviously Eurovision has a huge gay following, it really does tend to only be big enough for one avowedly gay-interest entry to do well each year. Let's not forget Saara Alto was left FLOATING FOR DEAD IN THE WATER once Fuego came onto the scene!

Just went to the Co-op and they were playing "Calling All Hearts" and I had a miserable time (which was only partially to do with Robin Thicke) so I would like to restate how bad an idea a Jessie J entry would be

Just went to the Co-op and they were playing "Calling All Hearts" and I had a miserable time (which was only partially to do with Robin Thicke) so I would like to restate how bad an idea a Jessie J entry would be
Good grief, I assumed that had been expunged from the memory of every living being. :shock:

And if it wasn't it certainly should be!

Good grief, I assumed that had been expunged from the memory of every living being. :shock:

And if it wasn't it certainly should be!
Do you think if I complained they'd give me compensation? I definitely deserve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom