Are you going?

• Total voters
Live from the PIECE HALL

download.jpeg

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    9.2 KB · Views: 45
Looks like the only things in Manchester Arena at the moment that would need shifted are Celine Dion (which let's face it, won't be happening anyway), Rob Beckett and Magic Mike - The Arena Tour.

Celine's also in Glasgow in April, so she could be a fly in the ointment either way if those gigs go ahead.

:disco:

The SCENES if it doesn’t end up somewhere in the North (or Glasgow)

I do hope they go for (relatively) young hosts, no Graham pls.

If anything it’d mean we’d probably have to endure SCOTT MILLS for final commentary.

I would totally be up for Nigella though.

Nigella, AJ Odudu and presumably one person to hold it all together.

My other/former home city also throwing their hats in the ring, though they sound a bit HALF HEARTED about it really.

I’ll probably have to quarantine myself after the ticket sale if I fail to get tickets … if anyone I know who is a proper casual does manage to bag some then I will almost definitely hastily say something that will accidentally end the friendship.

My favourite thing about today has been the excitable tweets from councils, mayors, or in Belfast's case, two gay councillors from the Green Party.

Least favourite thing is Eurovision Twitter DEMANDING that the whole show (hosts, interval acts, branding) should be Ukrainian and saying that anything less would be an insult. I understand the sentiment but come on, we are hosting and paying for it after all.

It's almost as if these cities think that it might be quite a long time before the UK gets another chance to host.

Imagine if we won it on home soil :disco:

I'm sure the real world will be most understanding of the UK hosting it.

I have no doubt it will be very Ukraine friendly!

There's a lot of things they can do to make it feel Ukrainian (at least one host with a connection, postcards, interval acts themed towards Ukraine) while still taking the chance to give Europe a British contest for the first time in quite a while. I expect it'll end up being a nice middle ground.

My favourite thing about today has been the excitable tweets from councils, mayors, or in Belfast's case, two gay councillors from the Green Party.

Least favourite thing is Eurovision Twitter DEMANDING that the whole show (hosts, interval acts, branding) should be Ukrainian and saying that anything less would be an insult. I understand the sentiment but come on, we are hosting and paying for it after all.

Still waiting for the first supportive tweet from Tracy Brabin. COME ON TRACE!

Oh dear, you would have assumed that the Ukrainians would have acquiesced to the reality of the situation before the EBU put out a statement like that.

which is partly why I didn't expect this so soon.

No word from Malta? I mean they’re never going to win and I’m sure they’re desperate to host it in glamorous Valletta

Oh it's all gone a bit FRACTIOUS!

md0iex26x6691.jpg
Absolute amateur hour on the Ukrainians' part. The EBU's made pretty clear that it can't be comfortable hosting a contest somewhere where there's a heightened risk to attendees' lives. You'd really have hoped they'd have wised up on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom