Eurovision 2023 SPECULATION

The Turin Euroclub was held in a venue called Hiroshima Mon Amour, which is a mixed event space according to their website - I think it's primarily a venue for gigs but they also hold club nights, which is obviously the mode they were in during Eurovision week.

I generally liked the facilities there on the night I went, though they only had one cubicle in the gents and it was a squatter :(

I proudly never used the toilets in the club. Thinking of donating my IRON BLADDER to science.

Golden Boy and SloMo being played FIVE times on the same night is a BIT MUCH when there’s THOUSANDS of songs to choose from!
Fair, but that’s nothing compared to Lisbon who I think had a different DJ to usual whose laptop clearly had about 22 songs on it, at least 7 of which were Contigo by Mirela.

Almost impossible to see it in Kiev (but you never know) - the runner up or a Big 5 would be the obvious the choice, so in that context everything points towards the UK. I don’t buy the idea that BBC wouldn’t want to host it and I suspect the government would be keen to ‘on behalf of Ukraine’

But who knows
B823790F-57DC-4B86-94EB-E5D6B8009EA7.jpeg

Kwasi Kwarteng has already suggested that the UK Government would be open to the UK bidding for it, but is currently towing the line that the contest will be hosted in Ukraine. Personally I think the idea is delusional, although I understand why it would be a point of pride for many Ukrainians.

I feel like a Ukraine/UK co-production would be… quite strange, given that culturally we are not very similar. Like Ag, I’ve been saying Poland since before the contest… particularly due to the huge Ukrainian population that now lives there. But i’d forgotten about the black mark of this year’s jury irregularities which could fuck it up for them?

If it IS a big five country, i’d say the UK is in with a good shout and it would be almost definitely be in Manchester.

Golden Boy and SloMo being played FIVE times on the same night is a BIT MUCH when there’s THOUSANDS of songs to choose from!
I have zero recollection of Golden Boy, just put it on and NAH still wiped from my memory

View attachment 10064
Kwasi Kwarteng has already suggested that the UK Government would be open to the UK bidding for it, but is currently towing the line that the contest will be hosted in Ukraine. Personally I think the idea is delusional, although I understand why it would be a point of pride for many Ukrainians.

I feel like a Ukraine/UK co-production would be… quite strange, given that culturally we are not very similar. Like Ag, I’ve been saying Poland since before the contest… particularly due to the huge Ukrainian population that now lives there. But i’d forgotten about the black mark of this year’s jury irregularities which could fuck it up for them?

If it IS a big five country, i’d say the UK is in with a good shout and it would be almost definitely be in Manchester.

I guess it would be a bit gauche to say “yeah don’t worry we will host the event for you” when Europe aren’t exactly supporting as much as would be useful on other fronts

“Why NOT?” :D:D:D

WHERE DOES ONE EVEN BEGIN :disco:
There’s the health and safety concerns I assume.
Gays would be fainting all over the place due to the impact of the euphoric tune and her breathtaking vocal prowess

DREAM EUROCLUB DJ SET

La Coco-dance (MAKE ‘EM SIZZLE FROM THE START)
Woki mit deim Popo
Euphoria (Carli Remix)
Horehronie
Weil der Mensch zählt
Spaceman
Carry Me In Your Dreams
Verona (1985 Version)
Suus
Nocturne

“Yes I suppose I could play Charlene Perrelli but I’m not going to. Go away please.” :disco:

Conchita DJ'd the Euroclub on Saturday and DID play Euphoria.

Followed by Sissy That Walk 😶
Which mix of Euphoria? I think the Carli one is the most FRYING :disco:

Admittedly I’d rather have Sissy That Walk than a sixth round of SloMo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom