Eurovision Hangover Thread

Anyone want a go at running Moopyvision this year?

If not I'll launch the semis later.

Just having a quick re-watch of the televote. Azerbaijan took that 3 points from the public in very good spirits, bless him.

Less so poor tragic Switzerland :D

I know Nancy posted the headline elsewhere, but let's enjoy this here

A lot of that success HAS to be due to Sam as well - particularly the younger viewer share.

If a team with real vision, drive and ambition could get behind it, it makes me think that a selection contest which engages the public like Melodifestival does and that attracts proper songwriting and performing talent isn't the pipe dream we've imagined for years.

I really hope that Space Man is a huge hit and Sam follows it up so this isn't forgotten about in a few months.

Speaking of hangovers Laura was totally sick and puking her guts out at the backstage wasn't she? I loved her Agatha Harkness cosplay by the way.

I think Romania would have been much bigger on the televote had it not been in the slot of death.

Serbia 100% this year’s RAVEN QUEEN
I suspect that if you had swapped either Romania or Czech Republic with Moldova in the running order, they would have ended up with a similar result.

Speaking of hangovers Laura was totally sick and puking her guts out at the backstage wasn't she? I loved her Agatha Harkness cosplay by the way.
Oh that's a point, have they said any more on that? I wondered if it was a panic attack or something which I wouldn't wish on anyone presenting a show to 200m people.

Hi, llegó la mami :disco: So did everyone have fun? I see some very happy people around :) I lost my voice (and totally lost my shit). Used to the bottom year after year, when are we gonna see this again, UK & Spain in the top 3? Probably never, but still dreaming so don't wake me up :disco:

Hi, llegó la mami :disco: So did everyone have fun? I see some very happy people around :) I lost my voice (and totally lost my shit). Used to the bottom year after year, when are we gonna see this again, UK & Spain in the top 3? Probably never, but still dreaming so don't wake me up :disco:
When did Spain last finish top 3?

A sweet night for the UK and GOOD FRIENDS in Spain.

Still not giving Gibraltar back.

Btw I called the UK walking the jury vote last night, best vocals by a fucking mile. For me both UK and Spain had a song that was "alright" but was elevated to 11/10 on stage. I couldn't understand why UK was so high in every poll until the live performance (I've been too busy to watch rehearsals), I was blown away, wow.

The sad boy and sad girl songs really did flop. That dry middle run really cancelled itself.

Oh that's a point, have they said any more on that? I wondered if it was a panic attack or something which I wouldn't wish on anyone presenting a show to 200m people.
“On Instagram, the 47-year old singer states that a sudden drop in her blood pressure was the reason behind her missing the jury voting. She says that, after six months of hard work, the stress eventually got to her on the big night. Her doctors advised her to take at least a twenty minute break. On Friday, Pausini already skipped most of the first dress rehearsal in order to rest. She finishes her post by thanking her physicians, Alessandra and Noemi.”

I thought reading “hilarious” Eurovision commentary from straight friends was bad enough until I encountered this FLOP GAY :manson:

63D18497-911F-439C-A4A7-EB33CAC7F960.jpeg

A lot of that success HAS to be due to Sam as well - particularly the younger viewer share.

If a team with real vision, drive and ambition could get behind it, it makes me think that a selection contest which engages the public like Melodifestival does and that attracts proper songwriting and performing talent isn't the pipe dream we've imagined for years.

I really hope that Space Man is a huge hit and Sam follows it up so this isn't forgotten about in a few months.
Those are amazing viewer figures - and THE demographic skews are hugely encouraging. Eurovision is truly alive and kicking in the UK :disco:

Even the Mail was positive pretty positive about it all, certainly about Sam, his performance and the position of the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom