Eurovision Rewatch: 1981 Dublin (11:30 BST 18/04)

Suomi

User
The contest that made @lolly the homosexual he is today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY ANGEL

Those of you Norwegians who have just joined us in the 1997 thread will be delighted to find out that this another contest where Norway gets zero and the UK win. #spoileralert

a wiki TIDBIT before we begin: :o

The contest took place under heavy guard at the 1,600 seat Simmonscourt Pavilion of the RDS, which was normally used for agricultural and horse shows. The set was the largest ever seen in the contest so far, being 150 feet across, 80 feet deep and 30 feet high. Over 250 armed soldiers and police were on hand to protect against any likely political demonstrations, with the UK entrants being under constant guard during their time in Dublin due to threats from the IRA. This included an evacuation of the participants hotel at one point due to a bomb scare. The security measures were reported on British news reports on the day of the contest.

Iguana has gone to bed and given me the rest of his wine. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
I hope he realises that you'll crawl in next to him in three hours time and try to get friendly.

I've managed to squeeze in some experimental boo and a Twitter convo about Autechre. I'm ready!

How did we end up with the video from ORF and the audio from BBC?

a wiki TIDBIT before we begin: :o

The contest took place under heavy guard at the 1,600 seat Simmonscourt Pavilion of the RDS, which was normally used for agricultural and horse shows. The set was the largest ever seen in the contest so far, being 150 feet across, 80 feet deep and 30 feet high. Over 250 armed soldiers and police were on hand to protect against any likely political demonstrations, with the UK entrants being under constant guard during their time in Dublin due to threats from the IRA. This included an evacuation of the participants hotel at one point due to a bomb scare. The security measures were reported on British news reports on the day of the contest.

Just reading '80 feet deep' has given me a semi

I swear the number of millions of viewers gets ranged to some random number between 100-700 every single time

Terry the ATTENBOROUGH of the 80s

A CHALICE! how many times had they won by that point to have to show THAT as a national treasure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom