Eurovision Rewatch: A Song For Europe 2003 (23:00 BST 21/04)

My YouTube has taken me straight into ASFE 1994

I haven't stopped it

Have you all seen the dress rehearsal performance of Jemini? They are actually in TUNE mostly. They might have scraped 18th with this...

But this performance is not even close to the HORROR that was in Eurovision.
It's all relative. This might have looked alright in the BBC basement in front of a crowd of 20, but put these two clowns in front of 5,000 people or whatever the population of Latvia is and it descends straight into NATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT.

We've managed to field an actual decent entrant a couple of times - 2009, 2011, 2017 - but it really is shocking just how bad we've been at this since Jessica. It costs the BBC as much to send shite as it would to send something respectable, so why they're so determined to just half arse it is entirely beyond me.

Mine has skipped to ASFE 2002, presented by Claire Sweeney. She really has never, at any point in her life, been young. She came out of the womb with rollers in.

Claire Sweeney will forever be remembered by me for being deservedly lampooned on Bo Selecta as a shrieking harridan squatting in a field.

I think I first came across Claire Sweeney during (not so) 60 minute makeover :disco:

We've managed to field an actual decent entrant a couple of times - 2009, 2011, 2017 - but it really is shocking just how bad we've been at this since Jessica. It costs the BBC as much to send shite as it would to send something respectable, so why they're so determined to just half arse it is entirely beyond me.

Sometimes we have managed to get a decent artist, but the song isn't up to scratch. Javine and SuRie are probably two of those. Javine suffered from having the dreaded second in the running order plus there were other ethnic uptempos that did it so much better. SuRie is a great artist but she was saddled with a shite song.

I downloaded back in the day the Spanish version of Scooch ESC entry, which is still worse than the original one. A sultry gem indeed :disco:

Sometimes we have managed to get a decent artist, but the song isn't up to scratch. Javine and SuRie are probably two of those. Javine suffered from having the dreaded second in the running order plus there were other ethnic uptempos that did it so much better. SuRie is a great artist but she was saddled with a shite song.
A couple of SuRie's post Eurovision songs have been so much better. Not necessarily winners, but a massive step outside of the box of nothingness we tend to keep our entries inside. She deserves another crack of the whip, I was proud of her as a representative even if the song was a bit gash.

One of my exes is in business with John Amabile. An even bigger queen in real life.

God there is a name I haven't heard in YEARS. I remember seeing him out on the gay scene back in the day in Glasgow. Also those other two queens, the blond and dark haired one who did TV shows.

God there is a name I haven't heard in YEARS. I remember seeing him out on the gay scene back in the day in Glasgow. Also those other two queens, the blond and dark haired one who did TV shows.

Oh yes! Colin and Justin. I've heard many a TALE about that pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom