Eurovision Rewatch: Brighton 1974

Despite EVERYTHING I'm out. I've seen most of it before anyway. The voting is messy.

Yeah the voting is dreadful. And not even entertainingly crap like the few years before.

I'm in. I've never seen the full show so it should be entertaining to see what the strength of the competition is like.

Why are we doing a minute's silence for Georges Pompidou? Did we lose a war?

Don’t want to spoil the surprises for anyone but keep an eye out for the herd of camels and golden boob :disco:

Ronnie Hazlehurst conducting. When he died, many media outlets included in his obituary that he'd written Reach for S Club 7 because they had written his obituary with the aid of a vandalised Wikipedia page.

Was that gay sauna across the road open in 1974?

(I didn't first go until '77)

Three top ten hits from this show in the UK this year. And poor old Livvy wasn't one of them.

To think that Katie went from this to answering questions about chronic flatulence and hubby having it away with the butcher at the back of the TV Times :(

My GP used to be opposite the Dome, with a full view of the Pavillion and they'd often play ABBA in the waiting room which thrilled me no end.

why didn't Miriam Stoppard ever host it?

What a wasted opportunity

It's a few chords away from being great, but as it is it's not. Kudos for the piano playing.

why didn't Miriam Stoppard ever host it?

What a wasted opportunity

They did interview her for the role but she couldn’t get her tongue around the French. No such trouble in the anus department, mind you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom