Eurovision Rewatch: The Hague 1976 (17/10 @ 20.00 BST)

450 million people might have started watching love, but you’ve turned away at least 300 million of them :(

Did Sweden go from hosting in 75 to not even entering in 76? Seems a bit strange

Wikipedia

Sweden did not enter in the contest, as broadcaster Sveriges Radio (SR) did not have enough money to host another contest if Sweden won again. A new rule was therefore introduced that in the future each broadcaster participating would have to pay a part of the cost of staging the contest. As the author and historian John Kennedy O'Connor notes in his book The Eurovision Song Contest – The Official History, there had been public demonstrations in Sweden against the contest, which also played a part in SR's decision not to take part

Oh not these PAEDOS! Is one of them HILLARY?

Reactions: COB
I didn't realise that we actually started with Ian Watkins' all time favourite Eurovision entry.

Wait a minute! I'm sure I've already seen that UK act! When was that? Was it during the BBC show for this year's Eurovision?!

Ok this does slap a bit tbf, the lyrics are just HIDEOUS

This better not be the highlight of the show already, that's all I'm saying.

Wikipedia

Sweden did not enter in the contest, as broadcaster Sveriges Radio (SR) did not have enough money to host another contest if Sweden won again. A new rule was therefore introduced that in the future each broadcaster participating would have to pay a part of the cost of staging the contest. As the author and historian John Kennedy O'Connor notes in his book The Eurovision Song Contest – The Official History, there had been public demonstrations in Sweden against the contest, which also played a part in SR's decision not to take part
Love Sweden's assumption they'd win again :D

HONEY G :shock:

BROTHERHOOD OF MAN THE NEW MYSTIC MEG

It is odd how they revived a defunct group name rather than starting a new one for Eurovision, isn't it?

I wonder if there’s a CLUB REMIX

Yep, no way to follow that line. Best just end the song and leave everyone with a disturbing mental picture.

As a five year old I asked for their album for Christmas :D

If that won then it’s gonna be a LONG FUCKING NIGHT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom