Eurovision rewatch: The Hague 1980 (20:00 BST)

I’m here. Some very fine songs tonight and also some other ones.

I hope @ButterTart doesn’t think that he has an excuse not to watch just because he’s busy with ASFM.

Don’t think I know much from this year at all.

I seem to recall that this The Hague Tourist Board film at the start lasts about twenty minutes.

This drags a bit without a commentary track on top. But probably still better than wogan.

All in Dutch! I’m glad Nikki Tutorials didn’t get any ideas along those lines.

Oh Christ I'm not sure how to break this news to Madison

That wasn't Dutch just then. It was German. I think every song has a local language introduction
I meant the presenter at the start. No English or French translation what she was saying.

I wonder when Turkey realised that they were allowed to send interesting songs.

This is fucking insane.

Why not go the whole hog and add CGI flames to all the performances.
I don't even understand what he means, is it the Eurovision Again Twitter voting? Or just a re-ordering scoreboard because people are too confused by spotting which song was in the lead?

I have no problem with the numbers in the bottom left, but this is bizarre.

I don't even understand what he means, is it the Eurovision Again Twitter voting? Or just a re-ordering scoreboard because people are too confused by spotting which song was in the lead?

I assume he means that they have superimposed some CGI monstrosity over the steam-powered Dutch scorecard.

I assume he means that they have superimposed some CGI monstrosity over the steam-powered Dutch scorecard.
Answering a question no-one asked. (the organisers, not you)

The latter I think. Check out about 30mins into this:

I reckon Anna Fishy has another Eurovision appearance in her.

I feel sorry for the poor EurovisionAgain viewers who will still have to exercise their brains to figure out which country 'Ierland' is.

I feel sorry for the poor EurovisionAgain viewers who will still have to exercise their brains to figure out which country 'Ierland' is.
When they’ve put the flag of Cote D’Ivoire next to it and everything.

Obviously Papa Pinguin is lovely and I’m all sad now.

Quite an ‘early eighties’ moustache on the Italian performer. At least he isn’t using the ‘end stage emphysema patient’ voice.

Is this the only time dungarees have appeared at Eurovision?

I didn’t know that Asterix was in the Eurovisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom