Eurovision Song Celebration 2021: Live-On-Tape - FRI & SAT @ 8pm

So we’re getting all the backup performances this weekend 🤩

MAPS UP!

yeah! I can’t wait to see Austral— never mind

hope it’s just a clips show, I watched all the Krista Calling videos and she is utterly hopeless

Is there a show at all, or will they all just be dumped on youtube en masse?

Seems to be a show:

'Eurovision Song Celebration: Live-On-Tape' will be hosted by Finland's 2013 Eurovision participant Krista Siegfrids.

Maybe we could run a MoopyVote to go along with this Live-On_tape show and announce the results at the end to compensate for not having a proper voting procedure at the end.

Is there a show at all, or will they all just be dumped on youtube en masse?

It seemed from the witless jabbering she was doing in one of her videos, that it's going to be like last year's shows that replaced the semi-final slots. Complete with the dreaded fan recreations :sour:

Friday at 8: the semi finalists who didn’t make it, for example Lesley and Uku
Saturday at 8: the finalists

Oh I meant to say that! Bit of a CHOICE to have a nonqualifier show, what were they thinking?

hey everyone, you know all those songs you loved from this year? WELL THEY’RE ON SATURDAY

It’ll only be the diehard fans watching so it‘ll still pull in the views.

Sorry to disappoint @dUb & @Diddy :(

"Neither the MAPS or Embers Live-on-Tape performance will feature in the Eurovision Song Celebration shows, as both artists want the live performance they delivered in Rotterdam to be the version that people remember. Lesley and James will still feature in the shows."

Oh that’s all a bit awkward isn’t it

Do Eurovision have no ownership of the songs? Or at least the performances.

"Neither the MAPS or Embers Live-on-Tape performance will feature in the Eurovision Song Celebration shows, as both artists want the live performance they delivered in Rotterdam to be the version that people remember. Lesley and James will still feature in the shows."

At least she’s taken it well.

I don't understand how the Maps live-on tape could be any worse, having a couple of months to over-think the performance was the issue!

It's a shame for something which is meant to be a 'celebration' but whatever, we surely won't be missing much, don't imagine the recordings are anything other than basic.

Did they have to perform it just once or could they give it a go several.times? I think after a few times surely she had to get it right at least.once?

How disappointing
The only time the UK has accepted its fate and the artist doesn’t want to show the performance

and Lesley :( I feel bad for her, but what a bad call. I’m sure I’ll live though

I’m sure fellow last-place finisher Sam Teen has NO SUCH QUALMS

:queenofthenight:

I think they were allowed 3 takes within an hour, and could pick the best one.

I'm confused, so are we getting their performances even if they.don't want to? I guess we will, right?

Lesley wants THAT performance to be the version that people remember? Oh dear.

Wonder if the BBC have had enough of the criticism that they're worried we'd see how little effort they put into the backup tape? I hope I'm wrong.

I wonder if the Australian performance will be any different from the one shown in the semi final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom