Eurovision Song Contest 2019 performance

And let's be honest, Kylie would know to play this crowd like a FIDDLE and would manage to get positive headlines across the board.
Oh I was waiting for that..

This is my cue to leave this thread and discussion. Not getting into this.

Music/ Hung Up/ Medellín would have been perfect. She didn’t need Maluma REALLY- use a fucking hologram, you’ve been doing it everywhere else...

As part of a medley a hologram would have worked, I agree. I don't think it would have as an entire track.

I will say this though: Kylie is Kylie and Madonna is Madonna. Can we not enjoy them both without pitting them against each other? They're both blonde women who have been around for decades who do pop music. But that's where many of the similarities at this stage in their respective careers end.

She doesn't actually TRY though, does she?
I feel like she does try but then misses the mark.

If I was in her team, I'd never allow her to do that awful interview thing (which she is always terrible at), but just have her breeze in, do the songs, and then get the hell out of there.

Keep a bit of FEMININE MYSTIQUE

tumblr_n86fjrVmu71twkwwlo8_250.gif

Last edited:
The stripped back Like A Prayer really backfired double for her. It made an incredible song sound tame and it left her no room for errors on the vocals. It's not even like she was off-key throughout the whole thing but it made the bum notes stand out even more, sadly.

Future is pretty rubbish and the performance didn't really change that.

Der Spiegel's headline is that her career is over. WTF!

Read that one earlier this morning and the author clearly had no time for her even before last night's performance, pretty much slamming her entire career in one paragraph early on.

If I was in her team, I'd never allow her to do that awful interview thing (which she is always terrible at), but just have her breeze in, do the songs, and then get the hell out of there.

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned here, but that interview wasn’t live.

Saw videos from friends who were there in the VIP section; she wasn’t in the greenroom when the interview was on.

The interview was definitely not live. I saw pictures of it hours before the live show on fan instagram pages..

I was expecting her to lipsync the whole thing, but coming out and singing live (or attempting to) was quite brave. Of course, it didn't come out right, but I give her credit for trying.
My only problem with Madonna is that she takes herself way too seriously nowadays and this brings down the fun factor in her songs/performances. You're always left wondering about the underlying agenda or philosophical/political/spiritual message (or at least I am) when in the past you would just lose yourself in her music not caring about what political agenda she was going for in her head.

Overall, I believe it was good for Eurovision, as it will make it more visible in countries that never heard of the contest, because of the fact that the actual Madonna graced it with her presence. I like the fact that maybe other people will get interested in it the way I have been for the past 26 years.

The interview was definitely not live. I saw pictures of it hours before the live show on fan instagram pages..

I found the interview a massive gringefest. She seemed so uninterested and almost contractually obligated to do it. Why bother?

I was expecting her to lipsync the whole thing, but coming out and singing live (or attempting to) was quite brave. Of course, it didn't come out right, but I give her credit for trying.
My only problem with Madonna is that she takes herself way too seriously nowadays and this brings down the fun factor in her songs/performances. You're always left wondering about the underlying agenda or philosophical/political/spiritual message (or at least I am) when in the past you would just lose yourself in her music not caring about what political agenda she was going for in her head.

Overall, I believe it was good for Eurovision, as it will make it more visible in countries that never heard of the contest, because of the fact that the actual Madonna graced it with her presence. I like the fact that maybe other people will get interested in it the way I have been for the past 26 years.
I agree with this 100%.

It feels like Eurovision Inc. are already writing her out of their history.

Not sure but Medellin is also still holding steady at No. 70 on UK iTunes, with overall streams at 16m now on Spotify.

FUTURE is No. 11 on German iTunes though, so that 'career ending performance' article is so far proving to be 'good' publicity...

The direct comparison is of course Justin Timberlake. I believe his song went on to be one of the best selling songs of the decade.

I honestly think that in her head, she was introducing the next Madame X persona. She did the cha cha intructor for Billboard Awards, next was going to be the 'freedom fighter' persona and for her the political connection in Israel far outweighed Eurovision which to her was just a platform. Next will probably be the disco diva (or something) persona for the World Pride performance in New York.

She's already uploaded clips of the performance (yes, with the ropey LAP vox) on her instagram, including the Eurovision reaction about the flags. She anticipated this all along. Zero fucks given as usual.

In her defence, I think she feels obliged to make some sort of a political statement; it’s expected by a big name like her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom