Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (Oscar-Nominated)

__ points

• Total voters
I’m sure I read that this being developed was in conjunction with Netflix buying the US rights to Eurovision itself

Such a shame the real thing isn’t available for curious newcomers

I’m very disappointed that some of the album versions are only about 80 seconds long.

I NEED a three minute version of the Belarus song!

Well that was HORSE SHIT.

Though the Hydro replacing Greyfrairs Bobby amused me. As did the emotional climax of the film taking place during a point where the people viewing at home would be watching a postcard where the Lithuanian entry was pissing on some tartan.

3/10

Absolutely loved this - thought it was a beautiful tribute to the contest - so much heart and ultimately the story of a journey, which is what Eurovision is all about. Plus a soundtrack that I think I’m going to become obsessed with. DOUZE POINTS

I quite enjoyed it, lovely songs and costumes x

yes it was clearly created from a place of love.
Okay there were some things that didn't ring true but we got FUCKING LOREEN IN A FILM.
Loved it ! And actually some good songs !

I thought this was actually QUITE GOOD :D

The songs were there, and the story was fairly bog standard but it all felt very much in the spirit of Eurovision.

I probably enjoyed it more because it was in Edinburgh. And I was gagged at the hydro being plonked in Edinburgh. IF ONLY.

No they have to STEAL our wonderful venues, which let's face it are all we have!

Am I also right in saying that Hydro aside, the Edinburgh geography was all over the place? Unlike that Avengers film that actually kept things REALLY accurate apart from changing a cutesy cupcake cafe into a chippy :eyes:

Oh the bit where they are driving to the hydro, they kept going round the same streets. I had no idea where they were going in the end. :D

Yes, it was never really explained WHY the contest was being held in Edinburgh. I assume they got it on the cheap from the Scottish Government.

I do wonder if people will start coming to Edinburgh expecting to see the hydro.

Yes, it was never really explained WHY the contest was being held in Edinburgh. I assume they got it on the cheap from the Scottish Government.

I do wonder if people will start coming to Edinburgh expecting to see the hydro.
Well, the hosts were clearly neither Scottish or British, so it must have been filling in for a country that couldn't afford it.

Which rather undermines a key plot point....

Well, the hosts were clearly neither Scottish or British, so it must have been filling in for a country that couldn't afford it.

Which rather undermines a key plot point....

MAYBE AUSTRALIA :eyes:

Anyway, overall, I feel like this was a celebration of the contest

So the album is at 2 on UK itunes.
Husavik at 7! Double trouble at 25 and Jaja Ding Dong at 33

About half of the soundtrack is GENUINELY VERY GOOD and would probably be in my top ten at an actual Eurovision.

Reactions: D5K
Yes, it really does have some strong songs and vox. Good on Molly Sanden for delivering the goods :disco:

Reactions: COB
I really enjoyed it. Yes, it was inconsequential nonsense, but it was good entertainment for a windy Sunday afternoon. I also thought it was actually fairly respectful of the whole thing.

Reactions: SDF
Obviously it was too long, cringey and full of faults but it was quite pleasurable in places.

The passion for Eurovision expressed throughout was nice. The cameos and nods to the real show were fun.

Obviously actual Eurovision performances are beyond parody which made these performances perfectly serviceable and quite fun.

Rachel McAdams was great.

Did anyone else think Ulrika Johnson walked into the pub towards the end? :D

Reactions: VoR
I've come out of it playing Hoppipolla which I'm not sure was the desired effect :D

Also FUCKING Jamala croaking out Waterloo.

You JUST KNOW Salvador refused to be in the SONG A LONG. I'm glad they made him a BUSKER!

According to IMDB's trivia section, Salvador was asked to be in another scene but refused as he wanted a bigger fee :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom