Favourite destination you've travelled to.

Berlin, Madrid, Paris, Sydney and Prague all amazing. Rome & Barcelona not so much.

Oh Dubrovnik is BEAUTIFUL! As is all that part of Croatia and it’s so easy to nip to Bosnia (Mostar is like a two hour drive) or Montenegro for a day trip.

We stayed in a little coastal village outside of the city and it was much quieter and very pretty. There are also plenty of remnants of the WAR all over the place, from the beach you could see an abandoned hotel that had been bombed.

1BB189A7-5B60-4F1E-8EB9-A2D45E985960.jpeg

Berlin was an eye opener for me in that I arrived fully expecting not to like it much. I'd just gotten back from Sicily, it was mid February, near freezing and pouring with rain, and at first glance it's quite ugly and grey (and I know a lot of that is on account of WW2 bombing).

But it really does open itself up and surprise you, and if I could choose a city to move to it would be in my top five.

I would love to do Mexico City. I’ve been to Mexico but just a resort which hardly counts
And I just looked there and flights are pretty cheap. Maybe I’ll go next year

hmu if you ever come to Mexico City.

• Love
Reactions: RJN
Agree. I absolutely loved Melbourne though.
Agreed with this and Funks. Sydney is fine for a couple of days as the token Australian city with all the landmarks, but Melbourne is a much better vibe IMO.

Berlin, Copenhagen, Budapest, Vienna and Prague are all up there at fantastic city breaks.

:o Prague is magnificent. Why didn’t you like it?
I just felt it was ugly outside of the very small core of the old town, a bit trashy and the people cold. way too many drunken Brits and Irish too. but I wasn't there long and I did spend some of my time there watching Suicide Squad which no doubt gave everything else a royal STENCH.

Reactions: GNL
To be fair, a man decided to take a shit in an open alleyway at about midday when I was there whilst we were having lunch. So I do get an extent of what you mean :D

To be fair, a man decided to take a shit in an open alleyway at about midday when I was there whilst we were having lunch. So I do get an extent of what you mean :D
In my defence I had no idea how long the walking tour was going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom