Favourite Original Movie Scores?

vespertine

God damn it Claude
OMG so many. I'm a sucker for simple piano-driven pieces especially when I'm feeling MELANCHOLY. I've been humming this one since I was a child.
default_fag.gif

From Drive:

Call Me By Your Name comes to mind for recent movies - really all over the map but fits what's happening at the time perfectly.

I’m not a soundtrack person but I love this piece from the Hidden Life soundtrack

This one is a classic

Another one that just works so well with the movie

It’s not as intense but the movie is rather disturbing

I know it’s a common choice but I do love the entire Forrest Gump Soundtrack and Alan Silvestri’s theme, in particular is beautiful:

Even loved his theme for Contact which is surprisingly similar:

The whole soundtrack to Oblivion is great, but the title track has Susanne Sundfor which elevates it even more:

Jackie Brown to this day remains the greatest one for me

It doesn’t just feature 5 of the best artists from the 70s soul era in Randy Crawford, Bobby Womack, Minnie Riperton, The Brothers Johnson and The Delfonics, it features the best track each of them ever produced.

Jackie Brown to this day remains the greatest one for me

It doesn’t just feature 5 of the best artists from the 70s soul era in Randy Crawford, Bobby Womack, Minnie Riperton, The Brothers Johnson and The Delfonics, it features the best track each of them ever produced.
Not a SCORE

I saw Nomadland at the LFF and the music is one of the best things about it, however it’s not an original score as it was taken from a Ludovico Einaudi album from 2019. I do wish Einaudi would do more proper original films scores though.

I’ll go with Jaws then

not something I’d listen to at home, but it’s still a towering achievement

I once went to a Yann Tiersen concert expecting he would play some Amelie and it wall to wall awful DAD ROCK :evil:

anyway, the OST to A Single Man :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom