Favourite Queer Literature

And it doesn’t hurt that he’s ridiculously hot

Sounds interesting!

Also, its not fiction, but v queer - I re-read The Argonauts for class yesterday and it was excellent. Has anybody else read it?

bumpp

any more recommendations? I've gone a bit downhill in recent weeks and need a good queer heartbreaker to perk me up.

@jyxz or anyone?

I used to love Neil Bartlett’s ‘Ready To Catch Him Should He Fall’ but it was written 500 years ago so probably mentions VHS recorders and wiping one’s bottom on newspapers during power cuts :(

I cannot bring myself to read Alan Hollinghurst as I bet they’re all called Tristram and it’s the literary equivalent of the Hockney paedo collection

I do however have a new favourite Iraqi author but that’s not relevant to the thread :)

Last edited:
If anyone likes short stories and or Neil Bartlett then today is your lucky day

Currently crowdfunding is ‘Address book’.

Address Book is the new work of fiction by the Costa-shortlisted author of Skin Lane. Neil Bartlett’s cycle of stories takes us to seven very different times and situations: from a new millennium civil partnership celebration to erotic obsession in a Victorian tenement, from a council-flat bedroom at the height of the AIDS crisis to a doctor’s living-room in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, they lead us through decades of change to discover hope in the strangest of places.

Neil says, ‘Every place I’ve ever slept in, I’ve always wondered about what went on at that address before I moved in. To write this book, I went back to some significant places in my own life and let the walls talk to me. The result of that listening is this new cycle of stories.’

Details here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom