Favourite wife of King Henry VIII?

Six divas, one record contract

• Total voters
they had no choice :oi: and take that back about C-How - she had a rough childhood, she wasn't watching fucking Batman and Robin or following Question Time :evil:
She's undoubtedly a tragic figure, but she's also undoubtedly not bright. You've married a psychotic, dying king who has already killed one wife for having an affair. At least keep it discreet, girl.

I recently learnt that he probably didn't write this, but that he DID write a song called Pastime With Good Company aka Rollin With the Homies, and it's actually quite GOOD!

My rejected entry from dmlawfestivalen because it was actually #1 in 1537 for fifteen weeks :(

Anne Boleyn in The Tower of London (1536) colourised:

clueless movie tai GIF

4. Anne of Cleves - I think her reputation as a #catfish is probably quite unfair, and Henry just no longer needed the alliance she was there to create now that the risk of invasion from Europe had died down, but at the end of the day, she lived the rest of her life in luxury and didn't have to nurse Henry's oozing wounds, so she's the real winner.
:D

Aragon for being both fabulously dignified and also a bitter bitch who just wouldn't let go :disco:

Though I also have a lot of time for underrated schemer LADY JANE ROCHFORD

Ugh, I would've killed for a Real Housewives of Henry VIII.

“If you’re offended by what I say, imagine what I’m praying.”

I feel like the person asking if Henry VIII had a big dick, then coming for others for voting for Anne Boleyn needs some time to self reflect.

@KindaCool You can either spend time perfecting embroidery and the harp, whilst looking wistfully over the smaller secret lake or face beheading.

It's a generous choice, I think you'll agree.

I honestly think this topic demonstrates that most of us have the capacity to successfully utilise the new History Forum with sophistication and decorum.

I honestly think this topic demonstrates that most of us have the capacity to successfully utilise the new History Forum with sophistication and decorum.
My faith in this was somewhat diminished when a moderator added RACHEY as one of the poll options :oi:

1. Catherine of Aragon - When they did that docusoap about The Tudors a few years ago and it turned out she was Maria Doyle Kennedy all along, it just cemented her as the underrated star of the whole dynasty.

2. Anne of Cleves - I like that they stayed friends and she was the only one Henry actually gave a shit about right to the end. It just goes to show ugly people actually DO have smashing personalities.

3. Anne Boleyn - The olden days Grace Adams-Short. She sounds like a fucking nightmare but I reckon she was really good with a savage putdown, like Selina Meyer off the Veep. "Shut thine mouth, thou jolly green jizzvisage"

4. Catherine Howard - I like to imagine her as fit and evil, like Sarah Michelle Gellar in Cruel Intentions. Now you've softened her image it's cost her a few points.

5. Catherine Parr - Nobody cares about this one because nothing shit happened to her. Not objectively bad, just a victim of lousy PR.

6. Jane Seymour - Doctor Quinn Medicine Woman was fucking shit and I hated it. I'm glad she became an American citizen because it saved me the job of disowning her.

I quite enjoy this YouTube channel. The host goes deep on all sorts of (mostly female) Tudor side-characters and re-examines all the old ’SLUTS and HARLOTS’ narratives peddled by David Starkey et al.

Aragon, Boleyn and Parr are the top three, Cleves is a comfortable fourth (not everyone is lucky enough to be portrayed by acting royalty Joss Stone) and Howard and Seymour are singing for survival.

Just to show that Moopy's voting is blowing in the right direction, I just read that Anne Boleyn filled the royal court with music and new FASHION from France, only for this to be banned by BORING OLD JANE when she became queen.

Catherine Howard for me. I always root for the underdog, and this poor troubled soul deserved so much MORE than HENRY THE OAF.

I quite enjoy this YouTube channel. The host goes deep on all sorts of (mostly female) Tudor side-characters and re-examines all the old ’SLUTS and HARLOTS’ narratives peddled by David Starkey et al.

I FUCKING HATE THAT OLD CUNT STARKEY so will have to watch this.

Really thrilled for Catherine Howard to pull out into 3rd place just above Rachey and Anne of Cleves. Jane Seymour still on 0% because nobody likes a swot.

We have some BREAKING NEWS. The contemporary image most commonly cited as being of Catherine Howard might actually have been Anne of Cleves after all. Poor Cath can't catch a break.

We have some BREAKING NEWS. The contemporary image most commonly cited as being of Catherine Howard might actually have been Anne of Cleves after all. Poor Cath can't catch a break.

:o Anne of Cleves actually quite 'fit after all' according to Heat!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom