Felicity Huffman JAILED

People are fine with how rich white people use their money, whether its paying to get your kids into a good school or having a private paedophile island.

It's hardly comparable though is it?

She was the first one to be handed a sentence. I wonder if it was because she was the most famous, or if it's the most lenient - the amount she paid was way less than most of the others.

It's hardly comparable though is it?

She was the first one to be handed a sentence. I wonder if it was because she was the most famous, or if it's the most lenient - the amount she paid was way less than most of the others.

I was being a bit facetious. But it's true - the homeless guy who got 20 years for stealing a slice of pizza because he was hungry will be wondering exactly how this shit works.

BANGED UP and QUITE RIGHT TOO.

Grovelling that it was all a huge mistake is all well and good but I think the punishment here did fit the crime. White collar crime is too often swept under the table.

I can't imagine her career will suffer as she didn't really have one outside of Desperate Housewives. Transamerica was a fluke and would clearly never be made with her in the lead role these days.

I can't imagine her career will suffer as she didn't really have one outside of Desperate Housewives. Transamerica was a fluke and would clearly never be made with her in the lead role these days.

I mean... that really isn’t true at all.

She got nominated for every TV award going for her role in American Crime a couple of years ago. She would likely picked up awards for Now They See Us too, had the scandal not broken. She was co-lead in a major Netflix movie with Patricia Arquette and Angela Basset that had to be delayed because of this and she was an enormously respected stage actress who worked frequently with David Mamet.

She’s easily the most successful Desperate Housewife. I think the community will rehabilitate her, but being the poster woman for white privilige is going to hang over her for the rest of her career.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDF
Agree with both VOR and Christian. She definitely had a good career but you're absolutely right the punishment fit the crime perfectly. I'm really mad at her, irrationally. I expected better from my favourite Housewife.

She was co-lead in a major Netflix movie with Patricia Arquette and Angela Basset

Which was total garbage... rather disappointing as I was really excited by the idea of those three sharing the screen.

:D

I mean, it's slim pickings for post-Housewives success in general but Huffman has hardly risen above it to critical triumphs over any of the others. Plus playing a woman in a Mamet play is akin to playing vaguely provocative WALLPAPER for STARTERS :D

Longario has cashed in with clothing lines and done very well with that. For Hatcher it was her second turn as a lead in a network series which is more than many get a shot at. I daresay she'll be back again at some point.

There's a killer interview with professional grinch Mrs McCluskey where she lays into all the girls BAR supposed Queen Bitch Hatcher. It's a HOOT. This is Part 3 of 3 and it's FORTY MINUTES worth of PRIME BITCHING :D

My favourite was always Marcia Cross anyway :disco:

Marcia Cross is in recovery from anal cancer, I read this week.

Oh noes. I mean good news, but horrid news.

Didn't she have twins at some ridiculous age mid-filming DH? I clocked out after Season 2-ish but I remember The Austrian going on about it ALL THE TIME.

She had IVF in her mid forties, didn't she? Hope it all works out for her. In Dr Kimberly Shaw she created one of my favourite TV characters ever :disco:

:D

The Austrian came to Desperate Housewives with her cemented as an ICON already for that turn in Melrose Place

I'd never seen it – or Beverley Hills 90210 for that matter – so she was all FRESH to me.

Teri Hatcher being genuinely amazing on Celebrity Bake Off and subsequently becoming good friends with Aisling Bea was wonderful to see.

She'll be back in the zeitgeist at some point for sure.

I doubt any of the other housewives will.

Surely she’s due a turn playing AUNT EM in Spiderman or something.

That interview is AMAZING :D

Particularly her summation of the Nicollette Sheridan palaver: "The whole thing was BULLSHIT"

"I probably shouldn't say all of this, but, what the hell, I'll be dead anyhow..." :D What a woman!

Not an ounce of sentimentality for her last day on the job either.

I imagine the girls racing to ice the steps of their trailers at the mere suggestion she should be invited

Love it! She was one of the best characters in that show.

I never got to see the last couple of seasons. It all really became unbearable when they did that timeline leap forward.

I liked it even when it WAS shit :disco:

Also liking the lovely picture of Teri in that article. Or SUSAN rather. Never trust a Susan :side-eye:

susanmayers-6f0c.jpg

:D:D:D

I never got to see the last couple of seasons. It all really became unbearable when they did that timeline leap forward.
Seasons 5 and 6 were still decent to good, even 7 was passable but it got REALLY shit and unfunny in season 8 aside from the finale which was pretty good (probably) thanks to Marc Cherry returning to write.

I miss the MYSTERIES

You don’t get exciting things like that these days. It’s all splayed fannies and great big heaving plastic knockers on Love Island and prolapses out for the fellas on Grindr instead and where’s the mystery in that?

I get bored of pretty much every series by the third episode of season two. Attention span of a gnat :(

I think I gave up after the second season.

In fairness, I think there was WAY too much pressure on it to be the new Sex & The City and although I do think the cast was initially too fragmented, ultimately a lot of people wanted it to be something it wasn't.

Season 4 of Desperate Housewives was phenomenal and captured a lot of magic of season one, which is possibly the best first season of any show ever. It was only the next season when things started to go downhill. But it had certainly gotten horrible by the end. Nobody writing the show cared anymore. It really came very close to ruining its legacy I think, if it didn't.

The difference between her and the poor black woman who went to jail for a few years (based partially on a plea deal for dealing drugs, which was an excessive sentence but glossed over here) is all about social class and wealth. I agree with the basic idea of "white privilege" but it's not a fair comparison here.

Wealth decides who can hire the good lawyers, and preserving her kids' class status is exactly why she committed the crime in the first place. Of course, neither of them should have gone to prison.

Most of the rich freaks in Hollywood are probably gaming the education system in some way. It may be above board legally, but all of these celebrities pushing for unaccountable, union-busting charter schools are just as damaging as what Felicity Huffman did, if not more. They certainly affect more people.

Last edited:
Reactions: COB
what about all those pricks that get into ivy league because of donations and nepotism?

i wonder if this whole story would make me care more either way if it starred someone i disliked but even then i imagine i'd still be at don't hate the player, hate the game.

Poor love must have suffered terribly with some shocking tales to tell. Someone will have almost certainly sat on her face :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom