Finland 2021: Blind Channel - Dark Side

Suomi

User

@Zu-Klara and @OutSynk will be thrilled to see Laura popping up to have another go. Me and possibly only @VoR will be happy to see Swedish semi-pop icon Pandora back again. Last year's winner Aksel lied and is actually back. And my legendary @Iguana vision entrant Danny is back, having just divorced Erika Vikman. He was last seen as part of the lowest scoring entry ever in A Song For Moopy:

But Laura is still doing a countdown for some reveal on Instagram. I think you spoiled it Suomi.

Although I'm guessing the song will be shit if she worked with those Finnish producers she worked with on her last album.

I've loved most of Laura's Eesti Laul entries so am looking forward to another song that's glorious in studio form, with mega weedy vocals on the night.

He’s in Melfest isn’t he

Does Laura have any meaningful connection to Finland beyond proximity?

Imagine if Laura won this and Koit won Eesti Laul (they won't).
FMfCf9a.gif

I hope Laura is enough to tempt back our Zu :(

On 28 March 2007, Pandora accused British Eurovision act Scooch of having plagiarized her 1999 song "No Regrets" and planned to file a complaint with the EBU. In response to the plagiarism claim, BBC issued a statement saying that Scooch's song is "an original" and the writers "were never aware of Pandora or her songs".

:bruised:

I have to admit that both Aksel and his song grew on me the more I heard it, but surely Finland have to go TITS OUT this time around?

I still don't know how she went from that sort of stuff to 'You'. Not that I mind - it's a gem but it was so off brand.

Iirc, they (as in production/selection commity) matched her up with. Shirley Clamp (who wrote You) was possibly meant to sing this as she had no part in writing "Mr. Memory" but I think sang the demo of both songs.

I still don't know how she went from that sort of stuff to 'You'. Not that I mind - it's a gem but it was so off brand.

She did generally go through a bit of a schlagery phase in the early 2000s for whatever reason.

I think a lot of those Swedish club acts went a bit more poppy when they tried their hands at Melfest.

See also this, which is cute but really not very ON BRAND

The first song is out and it is awful. Laura stays winning.:emoji_clap::emoji_clap::emoji_clap:

I like how Oskr’s song is so dull he’s not worth any discussion :disco:

I did not sign up for RAPPING.

Although it’s not that good anyway.

I feel a bit embarrassed for Pandora there, imagine just having to repeat the same line repeatedly, trying to make it different

There’s elements of a good song there though, but shoulda given her verses and a post-chorus, instead of having those men slobber all over the track

Oh it’s MUCH BETTER than that non-starter from yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom