Finland 2021: Blind Channel - Dark Side

These last two songs really have been the saving grace of the contest. Please god one or the other wins, I'm not prepared to see Aksel and his tribute to turgidity slithering to an unwarranted victory.

I would imagine it's Aksel vs Blind Channel, but I really hope the latter get it. Could be Finland's best result since Lordi (not hard).

Oh I’m still championing PANDORA :disco: (as I’ve said every night this past week but I DON’T CARE)

Dark Side has some KORN vibes, but I don't hate it (except the chant that sounds like a dog barking)

That's it?!! :manson: We're supposed to select from these songs? They always say they had to pick from dozens of good entries and this is the top seven? What a fucking travesty! Who ever is running the competition should be fired.

12 Ilta - in a suprising turn of events the artist I was least interested in turned out to be the best. Bitch delivered. Obviously too awkward to succeed in outside Finland but I hope this wins by a landslide
10 Teflon Brothers & Pandora - both artist have a nice back cat but this is just missing something. Is that like the only phrase they could think of in English?
8 Oskr - someone honestly said he's the Finnish Ed Sheeran :side-eye:
7 Laura - Sorry @OutSynk I really tried but I just can't :(
6 Blind Channel - Just no
5 Aksel - BORING
4 Danny - Obviously a publicity stunt

I will just concentrate on the Estonian selection - I bet they have a proper hit parade again. :disco:

I reckon 'Dark Side' will walk it, and give Finland their best result at Eurovision since Softengine.

Reactions: VoR
That Teflon Brothers song seems to be this year's Cicciolina. #2 in the official charts and closing in on a million streams on Spotify already.

It's really grown on me. The juries would kill it stone dead, but it'd be a very fun addition to this year's lineup.

Not that anyone cares but here’s some rehearsal snippets

It really has to be Pandora :disco:

Me trying to keep face and root for Laura despite not caring about the song one bit.
Zw5pDxn.gif

I like the sound of the quintessential Finnish Rock one :D

Axsel is appalling again, Laura's serving too much face for me to remember the song (the chess piece though :disco:), and Finnish does NOT lend itself to a piano ballad at all! :D

The rest I've forgotten about already

Where is Aksel's already iconic NEW HAT, we all cry out? It's his new USP and it's nowhere to be seen, he may as well go home already :shock:

I'm mildly confident it'll be either Teflon Brothers or (most likely) Blind Channel, as they've both charted well while Aksel's song has been a complete FLOP.

But it's Finland, and they're wont to make BAD CHOICES.

It’s the evil juries (probably featuring WIWIBLOGGS) that prevented Cicciolina from winning last year so it’s THEM I’m worried about. They even have an American jury this year so I’m not holding my horses.

So the ROCK BAND that won got 479 points in the televote to Pandora’s 150!! :o

Oh it turns out the public had a 75% weight to the juries 25% so it makes a bit more sense :D

Let’s just pop this in here for continuity purposes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom