Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tommi Läntinen - Elämä kantaa mua

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Penelope

I šta ćemo sad?
Pronouns
Any
Seven acts, first song out at 10pm (GMT) this evening, next one out on Friday, then one out each day from Monday to Friday next week. Final on February 26th.
  1. Cyan Kicks – Hurricane
  2. BESS – Ram pam pam
  3. The Rasmus – Jezebel
  4. YOUNGHEARTED – Sun numero
  5. Olivera – Thank God I’m an Atheist
  6. Tommi Läntinen – Elämä kantaa mua
  7. Isaac Scene – Kuuma jäbä

Last edited by a moderator:
1641988268063.png

Finland fast becoming my least favourite Eurovision country if they keep going down this route. Hate hate hated their entry last year.

Cyan Kicks are MINT so I can’t wait for that. Apparently one member of the Rasmus vetoed their participation even though the rest wanted to do it. He’s in jail or dead or quit or something so they’re making hay.

I'm not against The Rasmus if they have a good song, but sending an act who had one hit 20 years ago didn't exactly work out for them last time...

I can FEEL the heavy rock coming through those titles, and all I can say is YAS Finland. It'd be silly if they didn't go down that route really. Dark Side probably was the biggest surprise hit last year.

Reactions: COB
I quite enjoy last year's if I'm in the mood. Although it was total student rock band that hit the mood. They came 5th didn't they?

Still prefer I Love You from the last UMK tbh! It would have absolutely FLOPPED mind.

On the one hand I have about a dozen Cyan Kicks songs on my ASFM shortlist that will now never see the light of day, on the other I already have something to stan in this preselection even before The Rasmus show their hand.

Hurricane is ok but I wish the chorus was catchier

Maybe it’s just because of @Kratz’s post, but I heard the word bussy in Ram Pam Pam a couple times

Hurricane is ok but I wish the chorus was catchier
Completely agree, I was getting excited during the build-up then it just plateaued and I lost interest.

oh I like that! in a very 2004 way

I like it more than BESS or Cyan Kicks

That's not bad at all, but I do think the other two are stronger. I hope it's not a foregone conclusion because they once had a hit or something (or have they always been big in Finland, I don't know)

I reckon that's the frontrunner so far. VERY catchy.

Ram Pam Pam I love but it feels very fun4Finland, and Hurricane is disappointingly watered down.

It’s perfectly solid in a “new single by an established group” kind of way. Doesn’t sound all that competitive though.

I think Cyan Kicks still have the edge.

LOVE Jezebel :D The "JEZEBEEEEEEEL!" BVs! The multiple key changes!

I'd be very pleased with either that or Cyan Kicks.

I think we've heard the winner (obviously) and I wouldn't hold much expectations for rhe rest. That being said as a Finn, I've been pleasantly surprised so far!

The Rasmus are (were) so big and I'm sure they'll nail it live, so I can't see anyone else winning.

Yeah, nice and lovely as was yesterday's song. I actually love every song so far. But the Rasmus have a huge legacy in Finland, so I wouldn't place my bets on any other entry..

Fourth entry. Also very nice in a laid back sort of way.

This is lovely and a shame it's going to get forgotten. I could see this doing well if they can pull it off live, but clearly it's DOA :(

Cyan Kicks is easily the best of the lot but I assume The Rasmus are winning if they're still as big in Finland as indicated above. I'm okay with that. In the Shadows was the absolute soundtrack of my '04 :disco:

What a great selection!

The Rasmus likely to win and I can't be mad about it, Jezebel is super catchy! It's probably their best chance to get onto the left-hand of the leaderboard.

That said, Bess's song is a total banger and I'd love them to send the actual biggest local hit (as it seems to be so far). It'd probably get a Lea Sirk finish at best, but would be great to have in the mix.

Isaac, Cyan Kicks and Younghearted would also be perfectly acceptable, if more at risk in the semis.

1. Bess
2. The Rasmus
3. YOUNGHEARTED
4. Cyan Kicks
5. Isaac Sene
6. Oliviera
7. Tommi Läntinen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom