• YOUNGHEARTED - Sun numero

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Olivera - Thank God I'm an Atheist

• Tommi Läntinen - Elämä kantaa mua

• Total voters
I don’t really like any of them :shy:

Ram pam pam is a bit better on second listen.

Went slightly off the boil in the last couple of days but all in all still a really solid selection.

Agree that it’s probably The Rasmus’ for the taking and that’s fine as it’s one of the best songs anyway and I’m sure they’ll put in a solid performance.

Slightly disagree about Cyan Kicks being at risk if they make it though - I think Hurricane could get Finland its best result out of all of these. It’s catchy and bang on trend with the punky pop revival that seems to be happening about now. If she can perform it well enough live to win in Finland then I don’t see why it couldn’t sail into the final.

I'm going with JEZEBEL (JEZEBEEEEEL!) ALL THE WAY :disco:

Wouldn't be mad at all with Cyan Kicks or Bess though.

I still think that the the Rasmus are going to win, but I LOVE all of these, except for the God/Atheist song, which I never wanna hear again or the Tommi Läntinen one that I can live wirhout. My top 7 is as follows:

1. Isaac - Kuuma Jäbä
2. The Rasmus - Jezebel
3. Cyan Kicks - Hurricane
4. Bess - Ram Pam Pam

GAP ----

5. Sun Numero
6. Elämä kantaa

GAP----

7. Thank God I'm an Atheist

Last edited:
Reactions: VoR
I've finally dipped my toes in the national selections and I'm loving Hurricane on first listen.

So we have this Spanish tv channel (not TVE) that bought the rights to broadcast the Finish final (also Estonia :disco: and San Marino :confused:) and they just tweeted they're part of the international jury, what is this hot mess? :D

Oh, that's lovely @Alla and I'd like to let you know that I was also watching your your Sbanish little ditty live. Loved every second. Best since.. En Una Vida. :disco:

However, Ram Pam Pam has shaped up to be quite a hit in Finland. Could it actually win?

Halfway through the results (although the jury only make up 25% of the score) The Rasmus are in the lead on 68, with Bess on 56 and Cyan Kicks on 52. The correct top 3 so far…

Hoping Bess can sneak the win, though I imagine it’s UNLIKELY.

Em7JbIWVoAA3WHj.jpg

So we have this Spanish tv channel (not TVE) that bought the rights to broadcast the Finish final (also Estonia :disco: and San Marino :confused:) and they just tweeted they're part of the international jury, what is this hot mess? :D
I’m so amused by the randomness of their buying the rights to those three. Why those in particular? Was it because of SPAGNA who we all know was number 1 in Spain for TEN YEARS with Easy Lady? :disco:

This is quite good, and this early 'aughts pop-rock stuff is having a bit of a nostalgia revival at the moment. I could see it doing well!

Finland do seem to do better with noisier entries so this makes sense. I know Norma Joan did her best with her still very popular Blackbird number but everyone knows it died in her handbag after she strangled it in a temper :(

Last edited:
I’m so amused by the randomness of their buying the rights to those three. Why those in particular? Was it because of SPAGNA who we all know was number 1 in Spain for TEN YEARS* with Easy Lady? :disco:
Oh I'm sure they tried to get a few more, MF for sure, but that's all they got offered/could afford. Surely San Marino was CHEAP.

* Only 8 years, don't exaggerate.

I am absolutely gutted for Bess, especially when the performance turned out to live up to the video. If you have not seen the English lyric video of Ram Pam Pam I implore you all!

Will assess The Rasmus when this feeling of UNJUST has worn out :p

To be fair if you're going to mash up two songs those aren't bad ones to choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom