Fiona Apple - Fetch the Bolt Cutters

The early reviews had me preparing for some dystopian bare bones death rattle, so I am SHOCKED at how melodious and rich the whole thing is. My head is spun :disco:

Also, the fact that the entire album is UPBEAT?

Last edited:
Oh, who knew you could do an (entire album) uptempo?

I had the same expectations, and I was totally down for a good death rattle, but she's really bringing the (furious) bops.

Queer Twitter is going wild for this already - might hafta sort myself out for this when I get home from work...

don't castigate me too hard now, but I've never listened to Fiona Apple. this shall be my debut :)

"Fetch the boltcutters, I've been in here too long!"

Move over Dua Lipa, there's a new quarantine QUEEN!.

Kick me under the table all you want

I WON’T SHUT UP

giphy.gif

Still getting into this but the triptych of Ladies, Heavy Balloon, Cosmonauts is :disco::disco::disco:

i had my first listen.

the opener is certainly one of the most immediate things she's done. and then the chirping at the end *.*

so happy she's back. i can't wait to put it on again with lyrics and a joint. so much to unpack.

Is this a surprise release? I adore Fiona, well album 4 wasn’t really for me, so I’m on board.

Fiona has been a bit hit or miss for me. I like her in small doses but never really clicked with her as much as I have her contemporaries. On first listen this is certainly a beguiling album though, and I can well imagine it revealing further charms on repeat play...

This is such a great album - I can't wait for the vinyl & mp3 downloads so I can listen to it properly though...

The first album I listened to front to back and front to back again without interruption in ages. It's pretty special.

Listened to the first 3 tracks on Sunday and found myself quite keen. Will go further but I got a pile of experimental CDs and stuff through the door so it might take a few days.

I kind of get how it could be a grower, but for me it was very immediate and visceral. I think I was FLOORED after my first listen.

I tried to like this I really did, but seven tracks in and it’s just nonsense - the title track is the best one but the rest are just different degrees of angsty spoken-worded poetry hell. I laughed at the pretentiousness in parts, but I will give it another go in the week before I dish out my RATE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom