Fiona Apple - Fetch the Bolt Cutters

Well without selling any cds or vinyl she sold enough downloads to be #13 on the UK album sales chart and #33 on the overall chart. Her best performing album here in terms of peak position.

Not that she’ll care nor that it matters.

i went into a flower shop today and fast as you can was playing. things like that do not happen here.

what's more, i'd been listening to fiona all day - first the new one, then the idler wheel and when the pawn.

i'm still getting to know the new one. it hasn't been instant for me, apart from a couple of tracks.

Ended up waiting until the CD came out - this has really clicked with me. I think it's the wonky drum/percussion tracks. It's like a campfire jam from a glassy-eyed hippy cult at times. That's a good thing, by the way.

here's a live performance of a few of the new songs.

i must admit i've not paid this record much attention after the initial high. i admire it but i need an in to loving it.

I do like this album a lot, but agree it's an ADMIRE album rather than love. I have to be in the mood for its angst and percussion.

I actually prefer The Idler Wheel, if for the more mellow moment of Every Single Night and the lush soundscape of Hot Knife. I find it a more varied - but still cohesive - listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom