FKA twigs - Tears In The Club (ft The Weeknd)

Are we heading into her BIG GIRL POP ERA? :shock:

I'm not sold on the song yet, but the video (as always) is stunning -

There was also this from a few weeks back, which features a jarringly awful rap. I can only assume Central Cee is a member of her extended family or something :D

Both songs aren't really what I come to Twigs for tbh...it's all a bit too regular?

GLAD it's not just me, maybe they will grow but frankly I can't see me having much of an URGE to actually play either track in the first place...:eyes:

That and Mirrored Heart came on Spotify autoplay after the new single, and it was just truly STUNNING by comparison :( I almost had a MOMENT!

Hmm, I'm really not sure about this. I'll have to SIT with it a bit longer, I think!

It'll never happen now of course, but I wish we could've got a finished version of PSALMS:
:disco:/:(

Has anyone else listened to Caprisongs yet? I have it on now and like it so far (I'm only on track 5). I never listened to Magdalene, but this seems to be more mainstream R&B for her

Magdalene was incredible, this didn’t appeal on first listen but I think it may reveal itself with a closer listen.

i kinda checked out after the brilliant ep2 and lp1 but kept an eye out for the odd good track. they have been very few and far between and i've hated the rent-a-rappers. the new one is slight as fuck. she's gone from the kitchen sink (melissa) to condensed air.

WHAT? No Caprisongs thread?? No discussion?? NOTHING?

It's my least favourite of her three long form MOMENTS, but it's still INCREDIBLE. I just prefer SAD twigs to upbeat - I do however think it's absolutely the correct move for her artistically.

RIDE THE DRAGON and those sinister choral backing vox keeps swirling around my head the more I hear it

and Jealousy is NEXT LEVEL

QUEEN! And Magdalene should have been Blac China nominated for the Mercury Prize :oi:

This is a good SWEDISH kind of unique pop/rap song featuring FKA Twigs that I think some here might like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom