Formal request: Can we please have a Mariah forum?

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
Mariah-Carey-in-an-office-009.jpg

I feel like there is more than enough interest to warrant a Mariah Moopy forum. She's not to everyone's tastes but there are enough of us here who like her and frequently contribute thoughtfully and meaningfully to discussions about her and her work. There's been a ton of Mariah threads lately, admittedly because she's been releasing quite a lot, but there's always a steady flow. Certainly equivalent to or more than Britney, ABBA, Girls Aloud, Steps and Robyn and... probably most of the artists who have their own forums here.

A Mariah forum would:

a) unclog the Divas forum

b) show the lamb community that we are valued

c) pay due respect to a legend

Thank you.

Well no. Just a request. Does it need to be? What is the decision-making process when it comes to these things?

It's quite baffling to me that the most iconic and important pop star of the last 30 years does not have her own forum.

Reactions: dUb
I'll do a poll if that's the thing to do...

But is it a case of everyone having their say on the matter or just looking at the sheer volume of posts and doing the thing that makes sense?

I don’t really like polls for things like this. I wouldn't have any intention of using it and don't personally want one (and therefore wouldn't vote yes), but equally don't think my opinion should stop us from having one if demand is there.

It's quite baffling to me that the most iconic and important pop star of the last 30 years does not have her own forum.

Beyoncé should have a forum, yes, but this thread is for the lambs.

Reactions: VoR
It kind of feels like the wider divas forum without Mariah would be fairly dead, but I can't say I have any objection to her having one.

It's another thing the admin would need to do so @Indie @octophone

Here's the thing about sub-forum rights. You shouldn't have to fight for them.

YES, Mariah has a TONNE of threads about her.

Mariah Carey? You know, that's funny that you mention that. This person was just brought to my attention not too long ago. I’m not quite sure who this person is, to be honest. I don’t know if it is a man or a woman. I just wasn’t sure. I really don’t spend any time on the Internet, so I guess I live a little under a rock in that respect.

The divas forum would be a bit of a graveyard without Mariah, so maybe it's time to board up the windows and rehome the various Drag Race guest starlets in the pop toilet.

Since splitting the artists into their own section, Mariah's definitely the one most conspicuous by her absence.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I was going to bump this tomorrow!

@admins @mods:

tenor.gif

Reactions: SDF
I’ve no objections at all but isn’t Mariah only busy on here because of the book and rarities album? Once past Christmas would it be used much? I probably shouldn’t have posted as I’d be happy for you guys to have one that I could drop in on now and then for updates.

A Mariah Forum WOULD attract all the grannies and scientists.

Reactions: GNL
I’ve no objections at all but isn’t Mariah only busy on here because of the book and rarities album? Once past Christmas would it be used much?
It's certainly been busier but the lambs don't really DO dormancy

How many active lambs do we have?
Top of my head/quick look at who voted in the Rarities survivor suggests these lambs and lamb-adjacents for a start:

dUb
Loufoque
Whatevar
SDF
KindaCool
HeLikedTurner
Pipo
funky
Jark
Frozen
POP!
Logic?
Beryl
NonEvent
ameraal
Ill Advised
Suomi
Sheena
Ag :side-eye:

And various others who COME AND GO

Top of my head/quick look at who voted in the Rarities survivor suggests these lambs and lamb-adjacents for a start:

dUb
Loufoque
Whatevar
SDF
KindaCool
HeLikedTurner
Pipo
funky
Jark
Frozen
POP!
Logic?
Beryl
NonEvent
ameraal
IllAdvised
Sheena
Ag :side-eye:
She's in my top 20 most played artists!

She might be in my top 20 most played artists during DECEMBER

She's actually my 15th most played artist between Ace of Base and Celine Dion.

I'm opposed, mostly on the basis that I have always seen her as the anchor tenant of the Divas forum. Others may come along for the occasional kiki but she will always be there, and you are under no illusion that it is anyone else's house

I'd have no objection to Mariah having her own section.

If it all dies down in a few months, as has been suggested it might, the threads can always be reintegrated into Divas can't they?

Tbh, look at some of those artist forums :D

Give Mariah her own forum, it is after all her season

I can’t believe I’m in the list of lambs but it’s semi true.

Bless, they're so passionate give it to them. We did similar with the Robyn forum back in the day when there was a group of us looning over her.

Yeah put the new mods to REAL WORK transferring all that over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom