Foxes - Sister Ray + The Kick (album 3)

this is a really solid album front to back with no skips (probably Forgive Yourself is the weakest for me right now), even if nothing quite matches her very best moments (Friends in the Corner, Body Talk, Youth, White Coats). it's just sparkly and feel-good, and tracks that didn't make sense as singles suddenly sound much more vital. good work, Louisa.

I think it’s a really solid, enjoyable pop album too but (for me) I think it’s a shame that she’s lost a bit of “Foxes” on this record too. Her slightly quirky side set her apart on the previous records. I do like it though.

All the reviews I’ve seen have been very positive which is great to see.

I Was at a Starbucks yesterday and one song started playing and caught my attention cause it screamed B O P. To my surprise it was Two Kinds Of Silence which left me shook because I finally realized what most of this album reminded me of.

If you had told me that most of this album was by either Taylor Swift or HAIM I would have believed you. The vocal stylings, the pronunciation of certain words and how melodies flow remind me of the aforementioned particular styles so much. Anyway, I LOVE THIS ALBUM And I STAN Two Kinds of Silence, don't @ me.

Last edited:
I think it’s a really solid, enjoyable pop album too but (for me) I think it’s a shame that she’s lost a bit of “Foxes” on this record too. Her slightly quirky side set her apart on the previous records. I do like it though.

All the reviews I’ve seen have been very positive which is great to see.
I see what you mean. some of the tracks have that "Foxes touch" (Growing On Me, Sister Ray, Body Suit, Too Much Colour) and some don't quite. but I feel she made the album she wanted/needed to make, and it is super consistent so no complaints.

I think I'm up for a FOXES TOP 10!

01 Friends in the Corner
02 Body Talk
03 Youth
04 Amazing
05 White Coats
06 Love Not Loving You
07 Sister Ray
08 Holding Onto Heaven
09 If You Leave Me Now
10 Lose My Cool

Growing On Me / Body Suit could invade this in time.

1. Clarity
2. Youth
3. Let's Go for Tonight
4. Body Talk
5. Sister Ray
6. Friends In The Corner
7. Holding On To Heaven
8. Two Kinds Of Silence
9. Wildstar

Youth
Glorious
Holding On To Heaven
The Unknown
Better Love
Feet Don’t Fail Me Now
Devil Side
If You Leave Me Now
Friends In The Corner
Sister Ray

I’m still playing this album, such a messy release. Streaming in February, cd in April and vinyl in July. Totally missed ‘Growing On Me’ got a video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom